St croix legend elite salt

Rate this topic

Kevinc89

Just now, RJ said:

Kevin,  I have fished a 9 ft 10 wt St. Croix Legend Elite for 4 years.  It is an excellent rod.  I use the AirFlo Blue Salt WE10I. 

I wade the NJ Shore and boat the two Rivers and Raritan Bay. I spend 2 to 3 weeks wading Cape Cod in the Spring and a Week in late September.  And Sandy Hook in the fall.  I did Montauk and Jones Beach in the fall as well. My other 

2 10 wt rods are a GLoomis Pro4 9 foot and a White River 1 piece HEAT 7' 10" from Bass Pro.  I'm looking to buy a Rio Outbound Short Floating line for the GLoomis at the FF Show in Edison, NJ on January 25 and I use a sinking SA Mastery line with the short 1 piece rod.

i owned the 9wt.  Its a great rod.  It has a very soft thin diameter tip.  Its a very good allrounder.  I would probably not get it in a 10wt.  When I go 10 wt I want pulling power and the ability to throw sinking lines which in my opinion the tip is to soft for.

The 9wt is the perfect bull redfish rod.

I had a 10wt and it was a great rod for me. And if I was buying a rod for bull redfish it would be a 10 and not a 9....just to bust mightyrime a bit....lol.

I think St. Croix Legend Elites are a really great line of rods. I actually have two six weights that I use extensively on lakes for big trout.

I have a 9 wgt. that I've been fishing for the last seven years. I love it. Matched with 400 grain lines the rod is a cannon. Can't say enough good things about this rod . I've been fly fishing for over forty years and have tried most rod companies products. I like the St. Croix.  :)

• 4 weeks later...
22 mins ago, donfranklin said:

Have fished the 12wt on tarpon flats.  It's a good stick if you're looking to save a little $$ versus buying a Salt HD, H2, etc and spend it on a nicer reel instead.  

That was what I did got a 9wt and matched it with a hatch 7plus cant wait for spring