Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stryper Snyper

Delaware proposal to raise surf tag price

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ravens52988 said:

You cant be this stupid can you?  You are saying that choosing over making is a bad thing when that says more about a persons character than most. They choose to be in a dangerous profession and if a little surf tag as a thank you has your britches in bunch then you need to check your mindset.  If youre mad about the tags being handed out be mad at the amount(if its very high) not the people receiving them.

Mark me down as questioning free tags for volunteer firefighters.

No one here has said they don't deserve free tags. They do!  It's a tough job, they recieve little, if any benefits. They care for thier community and fellow man and make huge sacrifices, sometimes the ultimate.  No one is arguing against that. 

However, shouldnt active military, national guard, law enforcement get free tags as well. Don't they deserve it? How about paramedics, ER technicians, doctors and nurses? What about folks who carry out full trash bags every time they visit the beach?  I respect ALL these types of peopleI'll buy them a beer, or even (willingly) contribute to a private fund to help provide them free tags. However, I personally believe the state shouldnt be singling out any group for free access if the general public has to pay. 

29 mins ago, wok167 said:

Mark me down as questioning free tags for volunteer firefighters.

No one here has said they don't deserve free tags. They do!  It's a tough job, they recieve little, if any benefits. They care for thier community and fellow man and make huge sacrifices, sometimes the ultimate.  No one is arguing against that. 

However, shouldnt active military, national guard, law enforcement get free tags as well. Don't they deserve it? How about paramedics, ER technicians, doctors and nurses? What about folks who carry out full trash bags every time they visit the beach?  I respect ALL these types of peopleI'll buy them a beer, or even (willingly) contribute to a private fund to help provide them free tags. However, I personally believe the state shouldnt be singling out any group for free access if the general public has to pay. 

Id like to think law enforcement f.f. emt's and the like deserve to be put higher on the scale than someone who picks up a little trash. Thats a lot easier than what the people in uniforms do.  Like i said, dont be mad at the f.f. be mad at the people who singled them out over the other just as deserving groups.

Last August we stayed right south of 3 r's for a week. Had a oceanfront place. Family walked over the dune and I drove on and parked right in front of the condo. Worked out perfect. I was surprised how uncrowded the beach was compared how the talk is here. Yes there were the folks who threw out a rod and left it. Even people who didn't try to fish at all.

I had rods out at all times and caught a bunch of fish.

I did see rangers drive by and not do anything.

But it was NOTHING like going to AI when they shorten the beach up for birds all summer. That's a disaster! This was fine. Wouldn't mind a fire at night though to keep the skeeters at bay while sharkin however.

Problem is it’s not even viewed as a surf fishing permit it’s a load the whole extended family in the back of pick up and have a bbq on the beach permit. I’d say Less than 50% of people on the beach on a weekend are actually trying to catch fish. Like people said someone grabs their ultralight combo from Walmart and some worms and tosses their line out. I’m all for increasing the price to get some more enforcement out there. Another thing that drives me nuts is letting your kids go run around all crazy. I’m trying to fish at the fishing beach go to the wading beach if you want to act like that. I wish they would make a rule that everyone in the car has to have a fishing license or something like that. Also these are the same jackasses who get stuck at the entrances and **** them up spinning tires and get stuck. 

@Ravens52988

I am not stupid. I am not a fire fighter. I think you are a bit ignorant and took my comment personally. I am sorry you are so sensitive but understand having pride in being a fire fighter. Fire fighters are amongst the many good humans that risk their lives daily. They get plenty of perks being part of the fire company. I don't think that we should give free access to anyone, regardless of whether or not they are holding their hose or not. If the goal is to increase revenue, stop giving things away. Simple business philosophy. Makes sense to me. Good luck out there!!