Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stryper Snyper

Delaware proposal to raise surf tag price

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

From what I was told at a Park office, the increased revenue would support increased enforcement including training for the Park Police officers that will allow them to issue citations. Additionally, it will support continued improvements like the newer air stations at some locations. In my opinion, increased enforcement is the key to keeping the number of users to a manageable number. They also need to amend the regs as to what is acceptable equipment for surf fishing and be more strict about that piece. Unfortunately, the out of control pace of development in Sussex County just exacerbates the problem. When you build houses everywhere in the area the folks that buy them (or rent them) are going to look to go to the beach somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

There I'm done. Renewed my MD , and DE fishing License . Renewed my DE out of state beach tag for the Jeep. A.I. tag is good till June. Ho yeah, During the summer I'm fishing at key box beach in De. Guy pulls up next to me about 40 yds away, Pulls out chairs, cooler, sand spike and puts  a 6' light duty rod out and ads a plastic kids toy fish to the line and spikes  it. I'm leaving and told him someone will report him, So I give him my left over bait, a used pompano rig.  a 2 oz sinker. Bait I gave him had a few BW's.   I set his rod up for him.As I'm packing the Jeep up  he catches a spot. Guy starts whooping and yelling. Turns out it's the first fish he ever caught in his life. He thanks me, says he's going to get better equipment. Who knows. you never know how it will turn out. Hope his wife don't hate me when he starts spending the money on his new hobby. At least he already had the Jeep. Tight lines.

Edited by hunter123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never understood why members of a firehouse get free tags? They are volunteers....they choose to be a fire fighter like I choose to spend money and time fishing. I hope I don't upset anyone? I love to fish but by eliminating any "free" tags and making everyone pay, they will increase all the revenue they need!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 9:05 AM, hunter123 said:

There I'm done. Renewed my MD , and DE fishing License . Renewed my DE out of state beach tag for the Jeep. A.I. tag is good till June. Ho yeah, During the summer I'm fishing at key box beach in De. Guy pulls up next to me about 40 yds away, Pulls out chairs, cooler, sand spike and puts  a 6' light duty rod out and ads a plastic kids toy fish to the line and spikes  it. I'm leaving and told him someone will report him, So I give him my left over bait, a used pompano rig.  a 2 oz sinker. Bait I gave him had a few BW's.   I set his rod up for him.As I'm packing the Jeep up  he catches a spot. Guy starts whooping and yelling. Turns out it's the first fish he ever caught in his life. He thanks me, says he's going to get better equipment. Who knows. you never know how it will turn out. Hope his wife don't hate me when he starts spending the money on his new hobby. At least he already had the Jeep. Tight lines.

Had that happen a AIVA last spring.  Guy hears me talking in the tackle shop.  Hour later he drives down the beach and pulls in right in front of my last rod in the run which was out sorta casted north away from the other setups.  Nobody else either side of me for atleast 500 yards.

 

His first time there and it took him all of 2 minutes to tangle all my lines up with his 3 oz sinker and his nylon rope top and bottom rig.  And a 7 foot rod spooled with 30lb mono.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derrick, That's a good one.  This guy I helped because I was leaving, and this guy was willing to listen.  Most times I call DNR on the guy's that are what I like to call fool fishing and there to party. Lets hope this is a better year. Tight lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 1:48 PM, hunter123 said:

I checked today on there website. My out of state senior tag for 2019 is still $ 140.00 .  When are the fees going up. They should enforce the fishing only rule better, and send the party and barbeque folk to the regular swimming beaches. I report every SOB that I see not fishing, no rod in the water.  :beatin: I better get mine soon.

 

How do you feel about the people you see who pull up with half a dozen trucks then cast out one walmart  brand rod as their token symbol of fishing?

 

Of the times I have been down to DE the past few years I have seen that action way to many times.:freak:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 2:38 PM, Beachman22 said:

One thing they could spend some of that money on is the parking lot at 3R's.

I don't thing they have spent $0.01 on that spot since 1990, the first year I fished it.

 

PS: Fishing was better then, especially in IRI.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunter 123, 

 

Much respect to you for making the effort to convert someone into a fisher, rather than immediately dropping the dime (though there certainly is a time and place for that). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 2:38 PM, Beachman22 said:

One thing they could spend some of that money on is the parking lot at 3R's.

I'd actually prefer they keep the paved parking, flush toilets, and other amenities at the Big Chill. Fishermen can deal with a muddy parking lot and a few potholes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

 

How do you feel about the people you see who pull up with half a dozen trucks then cast out one walmart  brand rod as their token symbol of fishing?

 

Of the times I have been down to DE the past few years I have seen that action way to many times.:freak:

 

I don't like them at all. Those are the arrogant Bstds I drop a dime on asap. They do it quite often, But the more you can get them in trouble in front of the families, maybe they will learn. I don't like anyone that breaks the law.:rav:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

21 hours ago, wok167 said:

Hunter 123, 

 

Much respect to you for making the effort to convert someone into a fisher, rather than immediately dropping the dime (though there certainly is a time and place for that). 

 

 

Wok, Thank you. I get a feel for them if they park close to me. I would have dropped a dime on them ,but when I gave him the bait he looked dumb founded as what to do with the bait. Every one is worth a first time. I'm happy I made the right choice. Tight lines.

Edited by hunter123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 mins ago, hunter123 said:

I don't like them at all. Those are the arrogant Bstds I drop a dime on asap. They do it quite often, But the more you can get them in trouble in front of the families, maybe they will learn. I don't like anyone that breaks the law.:rav:

The times I have been out there they have driven me crazy as well. Whole chunks of beach get zapped up when they set up and you know they are not fishing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will never see the actively engaged fishing rule enforced, the state would loose to much money. Tag sales are approaching 2 million dollars. Most serious surf fisherman don't even fish Delaware due to lack of fish. I live a mile from Cape Henlopen and fish Jersey or OBX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 7:03 PM, Flunkadunk said:

I never understood why members of a firehouse get free tags? They are volunteers....they choose to be a fire fighter like I choose to spend money and time fishing. I hope I don't upset anyone? I love to fish but by eliminating any "free" tags and making everyone pay, they will increase all the revenue they need!

You cant be this stupid can you?  You are saying that choosing over making is a bad thing when that says more about a persons character than most. They choose to be in a dangerous profession and if a little surf tag as a thank you has your britches in bunch then you need to check your mindset.  If youre mad about the tags being handed out be mad at the amount(if its very high) not the people receiving them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.