BrianBM

What happened to the manslaughter case?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

11 mins ago, BrianBM said:

If it's semi-custom, then I'm sure you could specify a pulpit that would support TWO anchors. "Retrieve by hand?" HA! That's why there are winches. Or pairs of teen girls with good strong backs; hauling away would put a nice sheen of perspiration on 'em. .... naaah, stick with the winches. 

I float them with a ball and hate pulpits for anchoring...I like to set them by hand and need to be able to reach the lines easily to adjust :)   

TimS

LOL.  But if I had a boat like that, I could do things that a smaller hull can't easily manage. TimS is thinking in terms of blackfish, sea bass, porgies, etc.  One of these lovely big walkarounds would let you use Skyhook to maintain position over a wreck in 600 - 1,000 feet of water for deep wreck cod, wreckfish, barrelfish, tilefish, run the genset to keep the Seakeeper gyro spinning ... easy peasy.  If it's a custom hull that has a separate genset, I can have a few 12V outlets installed around the stern for electric reels - cranking a 3 or 4 lb. sinker up and down gets wearying even if the fishing's good. Who knows?  

Aaaaahh, fantasy.

14 hours ago, BrianBM said:

LOL.  But if I had a boat like that, I could do things that a smaller hull can't easily manage. TimS is thinking in terms of blackfish, sea bass, porgies, etc.  One of these lovely big walkarounds would let you use Skyhook to maintain position over a wreck in 600 - 1,000 feet of water for deep wreck cod, wreckfish, barrelfish, tilefish, run the genset to keep the Seakeeper gyro spinning ... easy peasy.  If it's a custom hull that has a separate genset, I can have a few 12V outlets installed around the stern for electric reels - cranking a 3 or 4 lb. sinker up and down gets wearying even if the fishing's good. Who knows?  

Aaaaahh, fantasy.

I like where your brain is on this one...I love dredging the bottom for unknown deep sea dwellers...sign me up! :th:

TimS

Posted (edited) · Report post

Our late SOL brother Ken Gerhardt (CaseyGhee?) caught halibut in Maine and Mass.  The fishing now isn't what it was then, but ... I'd really like to catch a halibut. Or a few. TimS, you're my guest, along with Makorider and a few other cheery souls (Sudsy, Charloots, Scoobydoo, etc.)  We would have fun. 

Edited by BrianBM