An Aesthetic Question

Rate this topic

Chunkah

Chunkah,

In my travels today I saw a two story house like your addition that had the same siding treatment as the Blue/white trim on the house above in post # 2. What struck me is it had a small gable roof over each window like the doghouse dormers in an attic apartment but just the roof, no walls. I had never seen that before but it looked surprisingly good.  If you were to do a similar treatment to the original house too it could tie it in.  Draw yourself a peecher and see what you think.

Ed Panzella

"BAITS MOTEL" - 2450 Maycraft Pilothouse

Higganum, Ct

On 1/4/2019 at 10:34 PM, epanzella said:

Chunkah,

In my travels today I saw a two story house like your addition that had the same siding treatment as the Blue/white trim on the house above in post # 2. What struck me is it had a small gable roof over each window like the doghouse dormers in an attic apartment but just the roof, no walls. I had never seen that before but it looked surprisingly good.  If you were to do a similar treatment to the original house too it could tie it in.  Draw yourself a peecher and see what you think.

Espanzella I really appreciate your thoughts. The wife and I have always thought two or three of those would look good across the front of the house but we never thought  of doing it as it would be purely aesthetic with no practical use. But now that we are into this it is back on the table. Wifey had a talk with the framers on Friday and they were discussing modifying the existing main entry with a hip roof style entry. I wasn't there for the conversation and have been too busy to really pause and discuss it, but I think we are going to get some simple drawings to help us figure out cost and just how it will look. I'm going to bounce the doghouse idea off the wife and the framers for sure.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Came out pretty good and overall we are very pleased. Thanks to all for your input...it was very helpful and much appreciated. 

Looking forward to fall so we can loam, plant some grass, create garden beds and do some plantings. If I could just motivate to tie up a few loose ends we would be in really good shape.  :laugh:

20190725_103841.jpg

20190725_103920.jpg

20190725_103943.jpg

20190725_201250.jpg

20190725_104003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...