Jigman plug requests, 2019 verion

Jig Man

On 1/18/2019 at 8:28 PM, Lateral Line said:

Hello, 

I was lucky to find a few of your small swimmers here in the bst. I would like a few more small surface swimmers for some upper river and lake fishing.

Maybe some small top water also. Would love to see some trout paterns.

Btw.... still loving those slope heads and darters.

Thanks and be well

Apologies for the delayed response, been bouncing in and out of town for work a lot lately. Yes on the smaller stuff. I have a few ideas of plugs I've had success with here that i think would be of interest. A 1 oz swimmer that I originally designed for Hybrid fishing in KY a number of years ago has found use for stripers when small bait is around and has also been good for largemouth. Also some smaller pencils. Worked up a thru wire version of one I had thrown for smallies for years. Had some success on stripers when the small bait was in. Also have a surface plug that has done well on larger smallies in a local river that I think some of you might find of interest. 

Have managed to get a batch of the 2 oz pencils done (5 inch sinkers). Also the floating version of the same pencil. If my out of town work gets delayed this week due to weather, I'll get them up later this week. If not, should be able to get them up here next week. 

3 hours ago, igomez said:

Very interested in a bunker and maybe a pink of the sinking version if doable...

I'll post a photo later of the colors I did. Have bunker in both. 

1 hour ago, Bob S. said:

Any idea when u may be making your gliders....

I do not have a firm date yet.

1 hour ago, YakDawg said:

Interested in the 1oz swimmer for sure.  Do you swap out the hooks when using it for largemouth?  

Sometimes. Really depends on whether I'm specifically targeting lm. Several places I fish have lm, smallies, and stripers. If I know I'm going to throw for stripers too I'll keep the 4x vmc. Otherwise I'll swap out for lighter hooks.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:45 PM, CoffeeHangover said:

Little beachmasters or spin atoms for lighter tackle around an ounce would be cool.  I've been scouring the internet and they're pretty hard to find in the colors I like

Gotta love those smaller atom types. Have done 3/8 and 1/2 oz ones for freshwater (smallies love them!), and a 3/4 oz saltwater version. Will have to break out that template again and knock some more out.

On 2/2/2019 at 2:52 PM, stripedbassking said:

Any Spooks coming up?

Yes. Have some bodies turned, just need some time in the cave to finish them up. Will have a batch of the 1.5 oz ones up before spring. 

25 mins ago, Jig Man said:

Gotta love those smaller atom types. Have done 3/8 and 1/2 oz ones for freshwater (smallies love them!), and a 3/4 oz saltwater version. Will have to break out that template again and knock some more out.

Yes. Have some bodies turned, just need some time in the cave to finish them up. Will have a batch of the 1.5 oz ones up before spring. 

Awesome hope I can snag some!

GOD made my Mold different from the rest, Then he broke that mold so I know I'm Blessed.

1 oz pencils. Please. Pearl/ pink.

Bunker 

Pink

White 

Floating 

A good quality small pencil is a must in my back bay bag.

Thanks 

Edited by mtl50
Tight Lines and High Tides Forever! mtl50

On 2/7/2019 at 11:09 PM, mtl50 said:

1 oz pencils. Please. Pearl/ pink.

Bunker 

Pink

White 

Floating 

A good quality small pencil is a must in my back bay bag.

Thanks 

I'll be putting up some 5 inch floating pencils on monday.  1.5 oz. I have done various pencils down to 3/8 oz. Happy to do a run of 1 oz pencils if there is interest.

17 hours ago, jlapenta said:

I'd like to try a yellow and dark purple version of your sinking plug.    Pricing?  

Are you at any of the fishing shows in jersey.

Thx!!

The 2 oz pencils will be $15. I'll have sale thread up for them on Monday evening.  Would love to do the Berkeley show again.  Will nor be this year. Too much other stuff going on.