Jig Man

Jigman plug requests, 2019 verion

40 posts in this topic

2019 is just around the corner, so I figured this was a good to time start a new thread. First I would like to thank the fine folks here for all the support in 2018. An extra thanks to all who provided suggestions on what plugs or color schemes they wanted to see me do. Those suggestions definitely helped me decide what plugs to offer up here. So, let’s try it again for 2019. I know there were a few things suggested last year that I did not get too. The thin jointed eel, some smaller metal lips (freshie stuff too) come to mind and are ones that I want to do. The 3 oz pikie was also suggested at the end of the last thread. Been a while since I did a batch of those, so I can certainly add that to the list of plugs to make.

 

I have also been working on a few things over the past season that I could see doing this year. Really depends on what you folks would find of use. Photo below of some of the new stuff. The popper is a larger version (2.5 oz) of my tailwater popper. It casts real well, pops nice, and also swims. Several people have been wanting a glider from me. I’ve gotten the 1.5 oz version down to where I’m happy with the action. Definitely want to put that one out this year. The more I fish the tailwater areas the more I like throwing pencils. Not that I had any issue throwing pencils before :-) I have two versions of a 5 inch pencil. The 2 oz is a sinker and the 1.5 oz floats. Both dance real well and the 2 oz version really casts. If that size would be of interest to folks, I could see doing up some for SOL. Likewise, I have a 1 1/4 inch pencil that comes in right around 1 oz. Also a sinker. Dances well and casts well. I’ve thrown that size on the 11 footer. We sometimes have stripers keyed in on the small stuff, so this one comes in handy in those situations. It’s rigged to handle a good sized striper (SPRO swivel, 1/16 inch wire, 4x VMC hooks). The divers seemed to be a plug that a number of people liked. I messed around with a 4 3/8 inch version this year (1.25 oz) and got that swimming real well. Any of those of interest? I know there were requests for a larger bottle and also a smaller 1 oz size last year. Both of those are something that I would like to work on. I have a larger bottle, just need to tweak it some and get a couple of jigs built for doing the face consistently. The smaller size I have played around with, but do not have one that I am happy with, yet.

 

So, that’s my thoughts right now. I am open to suggestions from the fine folks here and welcome the input. If there are plugs of mine that you have done well on and would like to see more of them, let me know. Likewise for stuff that I have not done in a while that you would like. As always, if you have questions on any of my plugs (how to use them, would a specific plug be useful for where you fish, etc.) feel free to ask here or PM me. I do want to make an effort to make a few videos this year on how I fish some of my plugs, so if there is a plug that you want a demo on, let me know. Probably more of a generic thing. I.e., here is how I work a pikie, or how I work a Jigwalker of any size.

 

Any other thoughts or comments? Thanks again for the support in 2018. I’ll do my best to get plugs out on a regular basis in 2019. Always gotta work in the building around my regular work schedule.

 

 

 

jm-new-stuff19.jpg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew, 

Thank you for making these wonderful  plugs available in 2018 . These plugs are in my bag at all times. The tail water in the size you offered is truly an amazing plug. Then the tail weighted pencil is among the best out there in regards to casting and action. I have been out a few times when the stranger fishing next to me asked"what's that? " and I let him clip it on and always the same thoughts were...... This is great! 

I would love some freshwater sized pikes and other lures. Also I saw today for the first time a perch pattern that I've never seen before. That is definitely a want for me. Anyways

I would like to wish you and your family a very happy and healthy holiday season. 

Mike

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first Jig Man plug is in the mail as I am writing. The plugs in the picture look sweet and I hope I'm lucky enough to get one of those tailwater poppers when available.  Best of luck in the upcoming season and best wishes for the holidays.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey sir, Ksantangelo and I did well on a number of the plugs we picked up from you this year so we’re hooked on your work... that glider and the 2oz pencils are something we’re looking for so hope you make a bunch... how bout parrot or that fluorescent green you’ve done and ...yellow ... and dirty  bandito ... also since you’ve been making injection molded plugs ...how bout a large resin baitfish swimmer skin plug I can skin and toss in the freezer without worrying about a wood plug swelling and splitting after a while ... just a few thoughts ...be well 

Edited by charles s
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2018 at 1:36 PM, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Andrew, 

Thank you for making these wonderful  plugs available in 2018 . These plugs are in my bag at all times. The tail water in the size you offered is truly an amazing plug. Then the tail weighted pencil is among the best out there in regards to casting and action. I have been out a few times when the stranger fishing next to me asked"what's that? " and I let him clip it on and always the same thoughts were...... This is great! 

I would love some freshwater sized pikes and other lures. Also I saw today for the first time a perch pattern that I've never seen before. That is definitely a want for me. Anyways

I would like to wish you and your family a very happy and healthy holiday season. 

Mike

Been a while since I did that perch pattern. Will have to dig it up again for some freshie plugs. Glad that you are finding those other plugs of use. Those tailwater pencils are always in my bag. Got a bunch of stripers and even a 4 pound largemouth on them last season. 

On 12/23/2018 at 5:47 PM, chunk bait said:

My first Jig Man plug is in the mail as I am writing. The plugs in the picture look sweet and I hope I'm lucky enough to get one of those tailwater poppers when available.  Best of luck in the upcoming season and best wishes for the holidays.  

Thanks! Will do my best to get stuff up here. I typically put a thread in advance noting when the next sale is and what I'll be offering. 

On 12/24/2018 at 0:26 PM, charles s said:

Hey sir, Ksantangelo and I did well on a number of the plugs we picked up from you this year so we’re hooked on your work... that glider and the 2oz pencils are something we’re looking for so hope you make a bunch... how bout parrot or that fluorescent green you’ve done and ...yellow ... and dirty  bandito ... also since you’ve been making injection molded plugs ...how bout a large resin baitfish swimmer skin plug I can skin and toss in the freezer without worrying about a wood plug swelling and splitting after a while ... just a few thoughts ...be well 

Appreciate the input. That resin skin plug is an interesting idea. Will look into it. Thanks for that!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bbfish said:

Tailwater looks great!  What size swivel on the belly? White was a hot color for tuna poppers this summer, would love to give em a shot.

Spro size 1, 330# on the popper. I could probably drill the belly hole a little bigger and upgrade that if needed. What size were you thinking? 4× hooks, or upgrade those too?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 10:59 PM, fishing addict said:

That diver looks like it might be a nice size for a smaller eel skin

That would be easy enough to do. Just add a groove behind the front hook on some in the batch. Solid black color, or something else be better?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jig Man said:

That would be easy enough to do. Just add a groove behind the front hook on some in the batch. Solid black color, or something else be better?

Black or blue grayish would be great!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bwstriper44 said:

If you do end up making some of your divers into eel skin I’d take one. If your asking colors what about a blue grayish is that possible?

 

6 hours ago, fishing addict said:

Black or blue grayish would be great!

Bluish gray should be possible along with black. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, 

I was lucky to find a few of your small swimmers here in the bst. I would like a few more small surface swimmers for some upper river and lake fishing.

Maybe some small top water also. Would love to see some trout paterns.

Btw.... still loving those slope heads and darters.

Thanks and be well

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.