Angler #1

Merry Christmas

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

one and all. As we creep towards the magic day of Christmas here on SOL I am reminded of so many different personalities that have posted here over the years and in some case even a few new names posting about the fishing experiences they have experienced/ Most of which has been positive in nature that helps to define the Spirit of Christmas of old. Hopefully many will get a chance to spend some time at home or as will be my case with a family member away .  It no longer about the gifts we get to unwrap, as it is the gift to be able to spend time with another member of the family that may be home just for the Christmas holiday . I will get the chance to see our younger grandson home from the marines[now a corporal] for a short duration before he heads back to who knows where. I get to play more games of Cribbage and meet my match / I get to speak with old friends in other countries and States . We all share the same experiences in some manner and it is all about the family traditions, just like when we are fishing it is all about the fishing traditions . It is a time to reconnect with those who may be undergoing health issues and comfort them if we can. So all and each member of the SOL family here and elsewhere Angler1 and family wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Years and may next year be the one you catch a fish of the life time.

Merry Christmas A1 and all those on SOL. As you say it's all about spending time with those you love. Today my family got together today to continue our tradition, making pizzelles a traditional Italian cookie. Always a good time with the family. 

Here's to a merry Christmas and a great new year to all.:howdy:

20181223_165643.jpg.f8bc810f5ec9c2f523aefcbb32aaeb81.jpg

7 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

Merry Christmas A1 and all those on SOL. As you say it's all about spending time with those you love. Today my family got together today to continue our tradition, making pizzelles a traditional Italian cookie. Always a good time with the family. 

Here's to a merry Christmas and a great new year to all.:howdy:

20181223_165643.jpg.f8bc810f5ec9c2f523aefcbb32aaeb81.jpg

Not being Italian, but they are one of my favorite cookies we once would have on the treat table over Christmas . As they were being made and after powdering , a tall glass of milk and warm right out of the contraption they were made in down the hatch.  A good Family Christmas tradition for sure.

Merry Christmas all. And a good New Year.

As I’m older I tell people, I’ll pick out my own new rod/reel(got 2 of each for this Christmas) and I’ll pay for it. Always get what I really want that way.

And I try to reflect on my own behavior over the past year and try to improve it in the upcoming year(doesn’t always work).

Well said A1, and same to you! I lost a couple of close friends this year, so will be remembering them as I spend the next couple of days with family. Cherish what you have, and remember our time is short here, so make each day count. Hug your Mom and Dad, kiss your wife or girl, and tell your kids you love them. Life is too short to carry around anger or resentment. Fix broken relationships, because people you love can be gone in an instant.

I wish all the guys and girls here a very Merry Christmas, and hope you all have a great holiday with those you love!   Dave

14 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Great message Carl. Merry christmas and happy new year to you and your family. 

And the same message to all reading these forums. 

Its nice to share the spirit of these times with friends and family . The good Book teaches us all, if we believe. Love serves us better then hate