Spigola

Light bait casting reel for bay fluking?

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Considering a light bait casting reel, Curado etc, to put onto a 7', M to MH bait casting rod for dead sticking while I am bouncing jig heads and gulp with my spinning outfit.  Any good, inexpensive reels that will last me a few years out there?

13 fishing concept z has 6.5 ounces great capacity (have a z3 as well which is like the tranx 300 )...I tried breaking it this spring using it this spring for stripers.......It's not as refined as the curado k.  But not having a single ball bearing means no bearings to **** the bed.  It only has a ar clutch bearing and that seems to have held up fine.

I have a tranx 200 sitting in the box next to a curado k.....which as far as I can tell.  it's a curado k with some water resistance 

I've heard great things about the daiwa inshore tws as well.

1 hour ago, Spigola said:

Considering a light bait casting reel, Curado etc, to put onto a 7', M to MH bait casting rod for dead sticking while I am bouncing jig heads and gulp with my spinning outfit.  Any good, inexpensive reels that will last me a few years out there?

shimano Cardiff 300-a or 400-a,either one will have you thrilled.

HH

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

I have a tranx 200 sitting in the box next to a curado k.....which as far as I can tell.  it's a curado k with some water resistance 

Looking forward for that Tranx200 review. 

Does the Tat inshore have any sealing? I thought it was just the original 200 with longer handle/diff color scheme...

1 hour ago, nightfighter said:

Try to find an Abu Record. I use a Record 61/6601 lefty for livelining as well as bottom fishing

The record is my absolute favorite, deadsticking or plugging. 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

13 fishing concept z has 6.5 ounces great capacity (have a z3 as well which is like the tranx 300 )...I tried breaking it this spring using it this spring for stripers.......It's not as refined as the curado k.  But not having a single ball bearing means no bearings to **** the bed.  It only has a ar clutch bearing and that seems to have held up fine.

You actually fish with an ORANGE reel? 

Tranx 200, Tranx 300, Daiwa Coastal, Daiwa Lexa 300 if using less than 6oz (can be found on the auction site for $150), Quantum Accurist S3.

All great fluke reels, All great for saltwater. 

I've been trying to destroy an old Curado and Citicas on the kayak for about ten years. They are reasonable, and will last and last till all the parts are discontinued. This was a Curado end of season in 2015.

Screenshot_2018-03-13-19-18-57-1.png