Is RBG Still Fit Enough To Sit On The Court?

Rate this topic

RiverRaider

Only time will tell of course... she needs a while to recover, obviously.

But what assurance do we have that she's still fit to serve after this latest health crisis? 

Does she retain all of her Faculties?  Again, time will tell I guess

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

4 mins ago, RegDunlop said:

WHat happened now?

Cancer.... again, this time in her Lung, though I'm suspicious as it seems to be somehow related to her fractured ribs, which suggests to me that the cancer may have unfortunately spread... though that's currently denied 

Edited by RiverRaider

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

2 mins ago, RegDunlop said:

WHat happened now?

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg underwent a pulmonary lobectomy today at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. Two nodules in the lower lobe of her left lung were discovered incidentally during tests performed at George Washington University Hospital to diagnose and treat rib fractures sustained in a fall on November 7. According to the thoracic surgeon, Valerie W. Rusch, MD, FACS, both nodules removed during surgery were found to be malignant on initial pathology evaluation. Post-surgery, there was no evidence of any remaining disease. Scans performed before surgery indicated no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body. Currently, no further treatment is planned. Justice Ginsburg is resting comfortably and is expected to remain in the hospital for a few days. Updates will be provided as they become available.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

I'm concerned about her mental status post-op, not just her physical health

What's the procedure for removing a sitting SCJ if they... for instance, develop Vascular Dementia while on the bench? 

Not wishing I’ll will on the ole gal but to kind of put it in perspective I had an upper lobectomy when I was 48 and in relatively good health and it took me a good 5 year before I felt somewhat normal. The first three were hell...don’t wish this on anyone.