Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonefishdick

Fishing License

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, slip n slide said:

Has anyone ever been checked in SW? not me....

I got boarded last lease once a year. USCG and State police. When they pull you over if your fishing and at the same time they give you an inspection.   There always on the inside of Boston Harbor to the Locks. both sides of the locks?  

@bonefishdick I purchase my MA licenses for me and the family as stocking stuffers every year. When you buy them off the Mass Fish Hunt site https://www.ma.wildlifelicense.com/IS/Customer/InternetCustomerSearch and complete the purchase, the last page shows a "print license" button. When you click on the print license button, the license downloads as a PDF. Check your default download folder and I suspect you will find the purchased licenses there.

8 hours ago, ginclear said:

@bonefishdick I purchase my MA licenses for me and the family as stocking stuffers every year. When you buy them off the Mass Fish Hunt site https://www.ma.wildlifelicense.com/IS/Customer/InternetCustomerSearch and complete the purchase, the last page shows a "print license" button. When you click on the print license button, the license downloads as a PDF. Check your default download folder and I suspect you will find the purchased licenses there.

Thanks, I only had 20 PDF's sitting in my downloads, so it wasn't for a lack of trying to get them to print, what I can't believe is that I not once did I not notice the PDF's dropping down to the bottom of the screen. I now possess had copies of both licenses.:)

Cool just noticed I made the 5000 post club, I know I pale by comparison to many but I think I will take it 

Edited by bonefishdick

On 12/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, HL said:

Beware - there are some "look-alike" sites selling licences.

Herb

I deal direct to the MA SW Fishery site!  The processing fee is usually under $2.00 for "Old Farts! who are over 65 years on the Planet Earth. Including nationals from near and far. 

The Brits only pay the processing fee if they are older than 65 or perhaps 60!  The Scots and Irish ride free!  :hooked: 

Edited by RJ

On 12/23/2018 at 9:39 AM, slip n slide said:

Has anyone ever been checked in SW? not me....

I have been stopped twice in R.I., both times late a night, but they didn't ask for a license, just wanted to see if I had any fish. Funny story about DEM wanting to look in the toolbox in the back of my truck, I'll tell you the story next spring if I see you on the Cape.

Doug

I bought mine the other day.

last year it stated that I received a PERMIT when I printed it.

This year it said it was a RECEIPT for the payment.  No mention of it being the actual permit.

Anyone have the same experience.

Herb

What's a fishing license? Do you have to take test to get one ? Do you need a permit before you can get your reel license ? Can you only fish from sunrise to sunset ? Before 18 years of age can you fish after dark ?.

FT

Edited by Fishin Technician

14 hours ago, rigdEEL said:

I have been stopped twice in R.I., both times late a night, but they didn't ask for a license, just wanted to see if I had any fish. Funny story about DEM wanting to look in the toolbox in the back of my truck, I'll tell you the story next spring if I see you on the Cape.

Doug

sadly,probably won't be there,not enough big fish any more to justify the long drive and 2wk stay,I can catch more big stripes in a mornings fishing on the Ohio R than going to the ocean for 2 wks....that's just pitiful AF

Sorry to hear that you might not make the trip, I think trips like this have always been special and I have had situations when I used to make trips on an annual basis that did come to an end. I ended these trips for reasons that never had the anything to do with the fishery, I always went even when the fishing had changed but as long as the comradery was there the trip was worth the time and effort. I always felt that was more important than the trip in many ways, my trips when ended was always due to to life changing things that got in the way.