Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonefishdick

Fishing License

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

In Mass you can order your 2019 fishing license both salt and freshwater now and since I am over 70 both are free, so I decided to order them today and I was able to print my receipt with no problem using the Mass. Gov web site and when I got to the print the license link and hit print and it would not pint them, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this same issue.

I printed copies of 2 receipts to carry for now since I have never in been checked in years

Maybe down ?  But it stays on the site all year.  So you can print them anytime 

also check and see if your on the right printer.   I have two , so I have always check.  The wife goes on the other sometimes ?

Went to get my fishing lic and this site came up  Beware  they take your CCard# and charge you $3.99 and add a book for $19.99   They don't even ask what lic. you want.  And charge you for a fishing book?  They just bill you?  

I canceled it out.

But Beware.  

Once you get your lic on the Mass Gov. site you can print it right away?  

BFD I printed them right away   hope you didn't get yours on this site. 

THIS SITE IS PRIVATELY OWNED AND IS NEITHER AFFILIATED WITH, NOR ENDORSED BY, NOR OPERATED BY A GOVERNMENT AGENCY.
Edited by ccb

When I’m fishing out of state and can buy online I just take a screenshot of the license with my phone. Never been check and had to show it so I’m not sure if it will fly but I imagine it will. 

I think oregon started an online online program this year so I’ll probably do it for here now too 

19 mins ago, PhillyPhisher said:

When I’m fishing out of state and can buy online I just take a screenshot of the license with my phone. Never been check and had to show it so I’m not sure if it will fly but I imagine it will.

That's legal in Mass so it'd be fine. Unless you don't bring your phone with you when fishing.  :D

41 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

That's legal in Mass so it'd be fine. Unless you don't bring your phone with you when fishing.  :D

Much better chance I bring my phone than my wallet, which I license ended up in somehow earlier this early. 

just take a pic off your PC with your phone Dick  , then create a folder on your phone with all your fishing licences I have NY ,NJ ,CT , PA Fla ,  I fish both salt & fresh water I used to carry all in one pouch its  a hassle 

13 hours ago, PhillyPhisher said:

I think oregon started an online online program this year so I’ll probably do it for here now too 

^^^^ been doing this for years , I was stopped once in NY it was all good 

Well aware of other sites selling license, I always use Mass. gov.

I printed copy of my receipt to prove I purchased licenses to carry.

i will try to use my sons pc while away for Christmas to see if issue with my PC. I just could not understand why after I printed receipt and then clicked on link to print license it would not work.

not overly concerned since I think I have only been checked once in 25 years