fishnbear

Shimano Curado DC vs Curado K vs Daiwa Tatula SV TWS

25 posts in this topic

On 12/21/2018 at 8:14 AM, Tourstage said:

great information ! 

appreciated 

but my friend alway tell me to tighten up the spool tension knob to remove the side to side play 

have u been using that method even using different lure weight ? 

i always adjust the tension whenever i change lure and alway freespool to check for overrun before making a cast

After you adjusted the spool tension for that little knock, you don’t have to adjust it anymore. You are depending on only the mag brakes to control the spool. It doesn’t matter the weight of the lure. Just go up the dial for lighter weights and go down for heavier baits. 

I have ave the Daiwa Tatula SV and frequently throw Ned rigs and wacky weightless zoom black finesse worms with 30lb braid. 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:14 AM, Tourstage said:

great information ! 

appreciated 

but my friend alway tell me to tighten up the spool tension knob to remove the side to side play 

have u been using that method even using different lure weight ? 

i always adjust the tension whenever i change lure and alway freespool to check for overrun before making a cast

After you adjusted the spool tension for that little knock, you don’t have to adjust it anymore. You are depending on only the mag brakes to control the spool. It doesn’t matter the weight of the lure. Just go up the dial for lighter weights and go down for heavier baits. 

I have ave the Daiwa Tatula SV and frequently throw Ned rigs and wacky weightless zoom black finesse worms with 30lb braid. 

On 21/12/2018 at 7:54 PM, Shipwreck said:

I dont want to post a link as its basically a Daiwa commercial.  So I will just quote what you can google to find the video, its the first hit.  "how to set a sv spool" .

Brent Ehrler explains it beautifully starting at 1:47 seconds.  

hey Ship, after trying out, did increase casting distance !

Thanks man

On 28/01/2019 at 10:39 PM, Kchang016 said:

Thanks for the reply.

I will try it out with different lure weight and see if it work. Btw, 30lbs braid on finesse worm ? Whats the lbs of your leader ? whats the weight of your finesse worm ?

I'm using a 20lbs braid trying to cast about 3g lure but dont seem to work

21 mins ago, Tourstage said:

Thanks for the reply.

I will try it out with different lure weight and see if it work. Btw, 30lbs braid on finesse worm ? Whats the lbs of your leader ? whats the weight of your finesse worm ?

I'm using a 20lbs braid trying to cast about 3g lure but dont seem to work

Honestly, it’s my first baitcaster and I was hooked on it so I use it for everything. The 30lb braid allows me to fish at the dam, lake, or river. I use 12-15lb flouro. 

Heck, I gotta tell you a story about when I moved to Michigan. My wife broke my tatula ml spinning rod in half and I cut the handle off and attached it to the front half of the rod for ice fishing. It didn’t look right with a 3000 sized spinning reel I had so I used my baitcaster on it. I never switched out the Braided line and was successful in catching yellow perch and bluegill with 15lb flouro leader. 

26F67B62-7B95-4333-81ED-679E6B8BCEE2.jpeg

6 mins ago, Kchang016 said:

Honestly, it’s my first baitcaster and I was hooked on it so I use it for everything. The 30lb braid allows me to fish at the dam, lake, or river. I use 12-15lb flouro. 

Heck, I gotta tell you a story about when I moved to Michigan. My wife broke my tatula ml spinning rod in half and I cut the handle off and attached it to the front half of the rod for ice fishing. It didn’t look right with a 3000 sized spinning reel I had so I used my baitcaster on it. I never switched out the Braided line and was successful in catching yellow perch and bluegill with 15lb flouro leader. 

26F67B62-7B95-4333-81ED-679E6B8BCEE2.jpeg

LOL ! i like that butt section of that rod.

how did u do that ?

I cut the handle and the butt end off at the edge and used masking tape and epoxy to ensure a snug fit. The front half of the one piece rod is very thin as you can tell. It had enough room to slide through the handle and to the butt. 

I had the idea after watching a rod building video. I am no means a professional nor do I build rods. I just made the rod so I didn’t have to go buy something specific just to go ice fishing. I moved back down to SC btw.