cfishon

Delaware Valley Surf Anglers Fisherman’s Flea Market Saturday January 19, 2019

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Just now, fishless said:

ML?  I love those kind of shows, great deals to be found more at a true flea market than any other kind of show. 

metal lip. i cant remember the builder. I passed up on a cool looking plastic glider than im kicking myself for now. I love the bargain bin

I hit a flea mrkt last yr and found a guy selling the 5 inch mag darters for $7 and $10 for the 6.5 in ones.  Damn near spent all I walked in with in 3 mins. 

Thats what happened when I saw the big box probably 200 bombers. $4 a piece or 6 for $20. I was going spend a bunch but went looking for my dad. I came back and some guy bought them all. But $7 Magdarters is dangerous...

Good finds! Great show!

I went in with only a few dollars and spent it immediately on heavy splits, vmc trebles, some paperclip style clips, and one very unique looking squid style teaser. Went home to scrounge some cash; I live around the corner. Definitely expected to go back and score some deceiver style teasers, but life caught up with me when I got home!

last year, I had to take my boys with me and they nickel & dimed me out of half the cash from my pocket (wasn’t much) for food from the snack stand! haha  

On 1/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, DragonsLax48 said:

Theres always some gems at this show. I saw a guy walk away with a pair of VS pliers for $80, an unsold boga for 75. There were some amazing deals on high end used rods. My dad grabbed a custom century for 1/4 of the retail price (good thing because i would have bought it and i didnt need it). Heres a pic of my loot below! A few $5 plugs, EJ, Black Label, a book that Ive been wanting to get ahold of, and $4 bombers that i should have bought more of before some guy bought the whole box. Thank you DVSA for hosting a great event as always :hi5:5c474002764d1_DVSAFleaMarket18.jpg.2864033885724f23dd448637abb49390.jpg

I was the one with the other century if that was you lol. Kind of regretted buying it because I was just going to get a new rod at surf day but for 170 with sic titanium guides I couldn't pass it up. Almost bought that boga too but I dont see the need for a 30 pound boga anyway, the cheap grippers are fine for me 

15 hours ago, Big Will said:

I was the one with the other century if that was you lol. Kind of regretted buying it because I was just going to get a new rod at surf day but for 170 with sic titanium guides I couldn't pass it up. Almost bought that boga too but I dont see the need for a 30 pound boga anyway, the cheap grippers are fine for me 

Yea I have a knock off 60... I don’t find myself weighing fish under 30 anyway. That was my dad that snagged the rod. Nice meeting you