BillHassan

Fly Fishing Magazines

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

FYI: I wrote a story in the latest Anglers' Journal about surf fishermen of Montauk. I'm obviously biased, but I think that is the best-looking magazine out there.  The editor, Bill Sisson, is a serious striper angler and is really trying to put out a quality publication. Check it out if you haven't seen it.  Even the paper is really nice.

Edited by CS

it may not have been the all color photos , chock full of destination dreams but I really enjoyed the Mid Atlantic Fly Fishing Guide because it was local.   RIP 2016 

3 hours ago, CS said:

FYI: I wrote a story in the latest Anglers' Journal about surf fishermen of Montauk. I'm obviously biased, but I think that is the best-looking magazine out there.  The editor, Bill Sisson, is a serious striper angler and is really trying to put out a quality publication. Check it out if you haven't seen it.  Even the paper is really nice.

Just got yourself a new subscriber.  Thank you!   

On 12/18/2018 at 7:52 AM, teedee said:

After 60 years of fishing my brain can’t hold any more “new” information.

There may be new magazines but they never have "new" information!  How many ways are there to throw feathers to an animal with a brain the size of a pea?   Now magazines simply serve as a platform for sponsors to project why they need us to toss the old for the new they sell.  Having to turn six pages just to find the table of contents proves that.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:52 AM, teedee said:

Like others, I have stopped all fishing magazines subscriptions. I still pick up Drake at the bookstore occasionally. After 60 years of fishing my brain can’t hold any more “new” information.

My brain file system is somewhere between Windows 98 & XP...I do Win 7 but I wish I could do a control alt delete to rid my head of unnecessary "knowledge" that prevents me from knowing of why I walked into a room and remember what I was looking for and why I was there ! 

FT