foxfai

Third time offender....

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

28 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

The free registration is federal, isnt it?  I mean, youd think the state and feds could get on the same page about enforcement but probably not. 

It's state.  Several years back, before NJ had a registry system in place, we had to use the Federal system (NOAA), which I believe was about to institute a fee, but NJ now has a free, state registry that we all must use to legally fish the salt.

We have to renew the registration every year.  Should be a simple matter for NJ to suspend that registration if they so chose.

https://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/

Actually, it's about time to renew, now that it's come up.

7 hours ago, SIC34 said:

Unfortunately as soon as I saw tog and multiple offenses I could have gotten within a few letters of the last names..I'm probably a bigot and a profiler, but it gets ridiculous after a while...

Its not just tog.  In 3 places by me, small fluke,  small stripes,  small seabass, garbage bags of blues, and every blue claw.   So basically everything in the water.

Edited by jpiercy13

1 hour ago, JoeyZac said:

It's state.  Several years back, before NJ had a registry system in place, we had to use the Federal system (NOAA), which I believe was about to institute a fee, but NJ now has a free, state registry that we all must use to legally fish the salt.

We have to renew the registration every year.  Should be a simple matter for NJ to suspend that registration if they so chose.

https://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/

Actually, it's about time to renew, now that it's come up.

Well then, I urge all the keyboard quarterbacks to actually do something and write their politicians.  Get something done.  

6 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Well then, I urge all the keyboard quarterbacks to actually do something and write their politicians.  Get something done.  

You want people who care about fishing to make headway with NJ politicians?  Was that really posted in seriousness?

Rather than fling the "keyboard quarterback" jab around, I'd suggest you take the red pill, and wake up to reality.

5 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

You want people who care about fishing to make headway with NJ politicians?  Was that really posted in seriousness?

Rather than fling the "keyboard quarterback" jab around, I'd suggest you take the red pill, and wake up to reality.

That's pretty funny

16 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Yeah.  I'm serious.

1 min ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Yeah.  I'm serious.

NJ just elected a Governor who promised to make us a sanctuary state, who then promptly made us a sanctuary state, and you think the state is going to impose harsh penalties over fishing to someone with the last name "Lu," or any member of the bucket brigade?

Come on man.

People should get together and start a program like "neighborhood watch" groups. Maybe fish and game, local police, and other agencies could offer some sort of training or guidance. Maybe people can have a credential that allows them enough authority to stop someone and check their fish, get their id etc. Keep them from leaving if possible. Probably a lot of ex cops, sherrifs,  fish and game guys, and the like that would love to help out. You might even help snag a few illegals, lol. 

48 mins ago, mako capt said:

Probably worth its own thread but its only a second offense.  They say Great White tastes just like chicken.

Capture.JPG.af07e9810cb1acb2f7b6bd7abc15f599.JPG

Cases like this should be followed publicly, the boat owner and captain named and the vessel’s name published as well.

As long as anglers keep giving people like this money they will keep poaching.

TimS