27conch

Ken Abrames RLS XL Saddle Hackles

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I looked through the rules Dave T and didn't see that this was against the rules.    I also have this posted on the fly fishing BST forum  and will ask chicky to post over there just in case..

19 hours ago, 27conch said:

Hello JeffK,

per the rules here on SOL, you can not poach on another person's thread.

If you are looking for capes you need to create your own thread.

Thanks..

Sorry 27Conch. Didn,t realize it was the Fly tying forum. Just saw KA saddle hackles and jumped in. Apologies.

To second Derrick, buying/selling/trading is only allowed in the forums designated as such. 

On 12/17/2018 at 0:14 AM, 27conch said:

I looked through the rules Dave T and didn't see that this was against the rules.    I also have this posted on the fly fishing BST forum  and will ask chicky to post over there just in case..

You are correct, I don't see a specific rules that says you can't buy or sell in the other forums - I'm going to fix that.  The forum descriptions made it clear but I'm not sure they are visible on mobile devices.  The part about cross posting here and the FF BST Forum, that is covered in the guidelines at the top of the page:

cross posting - please choose the single best forum for your question/post and place it in that one forum

I apologize that the rules were unclear in this regard, I'm going to change that right now.

TimS

This has now been addressed in two locations within the Guidelines linked at the top of every page:

Buy, sell or solicit - this means you are not allowed to post in threads or on people's profiles that you want to buy something they have or had for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of this website. We do not allow buying/selling/soliciting outside of the BST section of this website. Everyone here had to meet the minimum requirements to use the Buy/Sell/Trade Forums, so will you, it's nothing personal.

And in it's own section:

Buying, Selling, Trading and Soliciting

We do not allow buying, selling, trading or soliciting to buy/sell/trade anywhere on this website except the forums specifically designated for those type of posts. We also do not allow posts/threads in the non-buy/sell/trade forums directing people to your post/thread in the BST section of the website. We do this to keep the discuss forums completely free of the aforementioned BST type posts/threads. As always, please choose the one most appropriate forum for your post and place it there and only there. Thanks :)

I had trimmed the 'Guidelines' down substantially earlier this year and apparently removed anything specifically prohibiting buying/selling outside of the BST Forums. Honestly, I thought it was sort of self evident by the forum descriptions...I forget that not everything is visible on mobile devices :o

TimS