youngsalt

All inclusive resort suggestions

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

My sister and I will be taking my Dad on vacation this year for his birthday and we're looking for suggestions on a location for an all inclusive resort. We will be traveling this January and are looking to spend about four nights on the trip. We're looking to get him out of the cold of New England and relaxing on a beach. We're looking at sites both in and outside of the US but are leaning on a foreign location. 

Our main goal is to relax on the sand, connect and have some good food/drink. If there's an opportunity to kayak, snorkel or fish that would be even better! We're comfortable spending a bit on this trip but would like to keep the resort cost in the area of a grand (maybe less if possible?)  

Any suggestions are welcomed, thanks! 

Small Hope Bay on Andros Island, Bahamas.  Well-known in the scuba world for amazing diving.  I'm not a scuba guy, but the snorkeling, fishing, hospitality and food were all first-rate.

Bahia Principe in D.R. me and my girlfriend went in June it cost us like 1150 flights included five nights six days we ate like kings the food was amazing everything from cold cuts to fish to carving tables every kind of salad you can imagine. They had fishing but we didn't have enough guys to go they also have scuba diving and a glass bottom boat

4 mins ago, MorningWood said:

We did Iberostar in Playa Del Carmen. Liked the resort so much we joined the club. Then my wife got sick and we havent had the chance to use it since.

hope things work out and you get to enjoy it

On 12/11/2018 at 2:03 PM, Sandflee said:

If you want affordable check out

Excellence in Riviera Maya, Mexico

I did my honeymoon there and it lived up to the hype.  It was awesome.  Would go back in a second.  I stayed at some ****** all inclusive in the DR and the food was terrible.  I'm not even a picky eater but all I could east was breakfast. Everything else was really bad.  I think it was Bavaro Beach.  It was really bad.  If you can swing the Melia hotel chain, they are very good.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:12 PM, Southcoastphil said:

Small Hope Bay on Andros Island, Bahamas.  Well-known in the scuba world for amazing diving.  I'm not a scuba guy, but the snorkeling, fishing, hospitality and food were all first-rate.

Another vote for Small Hope.  Had a great time there, hope to go back.  Was there in early December a few years ago; bonefish, dolphin, an assortment of small reef fish.  As this post says--first-rate operation.  And it's nice and quiet.  None of the loud crowd and nightlife that you find in some places.

Edited by CWitek

I second Punta Cana. the whole stretch of beach is owned by resorts so you can walk for miles all while feeling safe. Food and drink were great and the snorkeling was pretty solid. Didn't fish so I cannot attest to that however 

11 hours ago, fatbikerjoe said:

I did my honeymoon there and it lived up to the hype.  It was awesome.  Would go back in a second.  I stayed at some ****** all inclusive in the DR and the food was terrible.  I'm not even a picky eater but all I could east was breakfast. Everything else was really bad.  I think it was Bavaro Beach.  It was really bad.  If you can swing the Melia hotel chain, they are very good.

Yep Ecellence is where we stayed as well, it was awesome

Stayed at the Magestic Elegance in Punta Cana 2X second time was worse than the first, Mexico had some of the friendliest staff and we did the sea turtle, cave dive Cenote and ATV jungle excursion, or driver from the hotel was also our guide   lol

We stayed at Principe, DR. The food was OK, drinks OK. We fished off the beach for not even a touch. But oh my god the women! I would go back just to watch the aerobic dance classes on the beach!

The place I stayed at in the DR was the Barcelo Bavaro Beach.  Beach was nice, hotel room was OK, grounds were neat.  Other patrons were all Europeans and they smoked everywhere.  At breakfast, in the pool, on the beach, at dinner, in the bathrooms.  Chain smokers.  They didn't mind the food probably because they couldn't taste anything.