bonefishdick

NEW YEAR-NEW GEAR

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2018 at 11:17 AM, Mike Oliver said:

Dick

We can’t take it with us so might as well spend it on what gives us joy whilst we are still here.

Especially for guys like you and me who are of a certain age.

cheers

Mike

Mike I had a follow up with my cardiologist yesterday that was scheduled when when I finished up with all the other trails and tribulations that started some 29 years ago when I first met him 29 years ago with my first heart issue at age 43. 

Yesterday he said " I have an incredibly "STRONG HEART", I beginning to think it's true and I owe so much to him for always being there, and that's just what I told him.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:47 PM, bonefishdick said:

Mike I had a follow up with my cardiologist yesterday that was scheduled when when I finished up with all the other trails and tribulations that started some 29 years ago when I first met him 29 years ago with my first heart issue at age 43. 

Yesterday he said " I have an incredibly "STRONG HEART", I beginning to think it's true and I owe so much to him for always being there, and that's just what I told him.

Mine said, keep moving and keep doing what you've been doing.He was stunned when I explained the amount of time marching in knee deep water in boots and lugging all that stuff over the shoulders.

On 12/14/2018 at 5:39 PM, Mike Oliver said:

Good for you Dick. I bet he had a tear in his eye.

Mikey

Mike I don't know if he did or not, I know I did. 

Like I said I have  been with wth this Dr for 29 years and during my previous visit with him before my surgery we did have a long talk and park of the conversation was about my wife who would attended over 80%  of my office visits with him and the one of the things he said about her was he had never met anyone like her or how anyone who could advocate for a spouse the way she did. I always knew I was a very lucky ever since the day I met her.

There is only another pair of waders on my list, there is nothing else at the present moment that is needed.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:47 PM, bonefishdick said:

Mike I had a follow up with my cardiologist yesterday that was scheduled when I finished up with all the other trails and tribulations that started some 29 years ago when I first met him 29 years ago with my first heart issue at age 43. 

Dick,

I met my cardiologist 27 years ago at the age of 40 after my first heart issue also. 

It's too easy to give up, is my way of thinking. I'm going for the year 2050 maybe 2051.

Our wives are mostly likely one of the reasons that we are still here today.

FT

Edited by Fishin Technician

My Airedale got me a TFO Pro 2 8' 2 wt for Christmas. Good dog. 

And yesterday I got an inexpensive GoPro to try to get video on some of my fishing, esp on vaca in the Rockies. 

So, yeah, there have been some new acquisitions.

I may fail less than two weeks into the year. I think I have convinced myself that I need a 4wt Orvis Recon. With half the cost paid by gift cards it's not a complete failure though.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, Stonefish said:

I'm pretty lucky.

I work for a company that represents several manufacturers.

Every time I sell something, I claim it on their websites and they put money on a credit card they issue.

It is basically fun money that I use to cover all my fishing costs over a yearly basis. I haven't spent a dime out of my regular paycheck on fishing gear in years.....

SF

Do you work for Far Bank?  I decided to learn how to Czech nymph this winter.  Bought a few flies and some tying material and a Redington 10' 3 wt Hydrogen.  Played with it a couple of times, haven't landed a fish yet though ( hooked 3).  Just had major oral surgery so I am out of action for a few weeks but hope to get back at it soon.

Dick-  Thanks for keeping these interesting topics going and I hope all is well with you.  127 days until the first striper of the year in Maine.  :)

Edited by titleguy

On 14/12/2018 at 4:47 PM, bonefishdick said:

Old bastards can last forever nowadays...:p

I guess you're set for a while...

Have great year 2019 sir.

^..^

Switching up the quiver a bit.  Sold a few rods and bought 8/9/10 Hardy Zephrus.  Putting black Tibor Everglades and Riptides on those.  Also grabbed an 8 wt Exocett.  Lines of course.

Very excited about a 10 wt Exocett surf that is on its way.  Think I need an OBS for that.  

Ordered a dozen jiggies and a dozen hollow fleyes from Andrew’s customs.

Ordering the L4Expedition in mid February for April delivery.

Almost sounds like I have a problem.