Germany, December 9th. 2018

Rate this topic

Marcel_Karssies

With the heavy rains from yesterday during the day and the night I figured the stream might
be finally carrying some water and maybe more than I hoped for.
Early in the morning a strong wind was blowing and some rain came down.
The weather service mentioned a break in the afternoon so I headed out late.

En route to the stream I came across one of the feeders and for the first time since months
I could actually hear the water flowing over the rocks, it was a nice sound.
The plan was to fish the same stretch as last week but this time with a lighter setup.
This time I was armed with an Orvis clearwater 6’ #2 fitted with a small Hardy reel.

At the first stop I noticed that the water was indeed high and a lot of silt was stirred up.
The current was fast and somehow I felt that the nymph was just moving to fast.
A heavy nymph only resulted in lost flies as I hooked the debris on the stream floor
instead of any fish.

Mark nr. 2 was different, even though the flow was fast the eddy with slack water was
still in place and that was the spot where I tried to catch fish.
It soon became obvious that the fish where present as I got numerous hits.
The fish where small but at least there was action and I got several roach and a dace.
The pattern that produced the fish was a size 16 pheasant tail nymph fitted with a black
tungsten bead, the dubbing was pink spectra flash.

The next two spots yielded no fish and it became clear that the downside of all that water
from the sky was the fact that many spots where now to deep to get to with only boots on.
Just as predicted the rain came back again in the afternoon and although it was early I
preferred a seating in the pub over the cold wind and rain outside.

At the pub to my disbelief the new menu was in place.
Now I was about to go for the soup of the day but my beloved Onion soup was not available
so I though  I would go for the tomato soup.
Due to miscommunication however I did not get the soup but tomatoes and mozzarella … oh well …
For a pub in the middle of nowhere the menu was extensive and I had difficulty in choosing the
next dish.
In the end it became the Parmesano burger, Mozzerella- Parmiganio-Bacon-Beef-Rucola-Mustardsauce.
To finish this meal off a desert was in place and the special of the day went down pretty well as it was Mascarpone
or better put Mascarpone Alceholico…

P1010518.JPG

P1010520.JPG

P1010521.JPG

P1010522.JPG

P1010523.JPG

P1010524.JPG

P1010526.JPG

P1010528.JPG

P1010529.JPG

P1010531.JPG

P1010533.JPG