Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexey

Just got the Power Pro Super8Slick V2

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

They are still on backorder in most stores.  But I was lucky enough to get a 20 lb spool in onyx and want to share my impressions with my SOL brethren.  The line feels very smooth, running through the fingers.  I also love the new onyx color.  The packaging is beautiful, and the 8 on the package is now golden.  However, as I try to roll the line through my fingers, it does not roll as easily as the old super-slick, which to me suggests that it may be a flatter-shaped line.  Also, the new line feels a bit more rigid.  As I try to make a loop of the line, it takes a much larger loop than the original slick.  See the picture.  Perhaps it will get softer with use.  And as compared to two 20 lb slick lines, 20 lb PowerPro Maxcuatro feels considerably thinner and much, much softer.  I have to say, that my assessment is very unscientific, but I still wanted to share.

Has anyone had any experience with the V2 yet?  If it is indeed stiffer than the original superslick, would you expect shorter casting distance?  Or would the stiffness help the line slide off the reel easier?

C16F7FB1-F8F4-4F1C-8B9F-BD5A3B06883D.jpeg

Edited by Alexey

I've been splitting time between Finatic pro and Grande.

Gonna go with some v2 in early 19 provided stuff stays liquid.

If the line is indeed flatter and stiffer than the original slick, do you think it will keep the same casting characteristics as the original?  Would there be any advantage using the line over the same-rating maxcuatro, which is much thinner and has 4 runners?  I am particularly interested which one will cast longer.

17 mins ago, Alexey said:

If the line is indeed flatter and stiffer than the original slick, do you think it will keep the same casting characteristics as the original?  Would there be any advantage using the line over the same-rating maxcuatro, which is much thinner and has 4 runners?  I am particularly interested which one will cast longer.

It all comes down to what it's like after the 10th outing and 20th outing.  I didn't like Superslick after the long term.   Lots of braids are great when fresh shiny and stiff.  

Once the coatings which permiate the weave break down.  Is when it shows it's differences.  

4 hours ago, Alexey said:

They are still on backorder in most stores.  But I was lucky enough to get a 20 lb spool in onyx and want to share my impressions with my SOL brethren.  The line feels very smooth, running through the fingers.  I also love the new onyx color.  The packaging is beautiful, and the 8 on the package is now golden.  However, as I try to roll the line through my fingers, it does not roll as easily as the old super-slick, which to me suggests that it may be a flatter-shaped line.  Also, the new line feels a bit more rigid.  As I try to make a loop of the line, it takes a much larger loop than the original slick.  See the picture.  Perhaps it will get softer with use.  And as compared to two 20 lb slick lines, 20 lb PowerPro Maxcuatro feels considerably thinner and much, much softer.  I have to say, that my assessment is very unscientific, but I still wanted to share.

Has anyone had any experience with the V2 yet?  If it is indeed stiffer than the original superslick, would you expect shorter casting distance?  Or would the stiffness help the line slide off the reel easier?

C16F7FB1-F8F4-4F1C-8B9F-BD5A3B06883D.jpeg

Thanks for sharing:)