ribeye

My Sunday dinner main dish.

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Have you tried the "INSTAPOT" Modern day pressure cooker? Very safe all kinds of applications Rice, Stews slow cooking you name it, and easy to clean. I made a 6 pound Turkey breast in 40  Minutes. then browned it under Broiler for 4 minutes. Perfect.

So far I've made a pot roast, Ribs, and Chillie.

8 quart, 99.00 Amazon.

4 hours ago, Deep Hole said:

Have you tried the "INSTAPOT" Modern day pressure cooker? Very safe all kinds of applications Rice, Stews slow cooking you name it, and easy to clean. I made a 6 pound Turkey breast in 40  Minutes. then browned it under Broiler for 4 minutes. Perfect.

8 quart, 99.00 Amazon.

And what does this have to do with his roast pork loin?

Putting a roast of any kind in a pressure cooker of any kind just seems plain wrong.

Hope it came out well, been dying for a good roast pork loin, as last few from the super have come out too bland and dry no matter what I did to compensate for the nature of today's other white meat.

Been trying to track down one from a heritage pig, but am finding that the local farmers that sell retail either cut the loin into rib chops, or keep it for themselves. The guy up the street just put out his recent butchering, and was able to get a sirloin roast, but that is better done braised with kraut than a regular roast. I saw one yesterday there that looked like it was a bit further up the pig even though it was marked sirloin, so may go back to get that one to turn into a loin roast. And I have to talk to the guy to see if he can get me a true loin.

Also picked up 4 2-packs of rib chops. At $5.99/lb, well worth it, just wish they would cut them a bit thicker.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 0:23 PM, Deep Hole said:

Dam that looks good. What did you use for stuffing??? 

I pretty much go with experience as far as the ingredients go. But not to plagiarize , look up Scott Rea. This person is awesome. Thank you.

2 hours ago, flylikabird said:

I'm gonna guess ribeye has processed onion, red pepper, celery, garlic, butter,one egg, S&P, Paprika and breadcrumbs.

You got 3 out of the 10 you listed. The 3 you guessed are onion, ground pepper and bread crumbs. Search Scott Rea for the rest.

nice....a great thing to do with those...having a discussion right now, in another forum about what a boring cut of meat it is, without doing something special to it. 

On 12/10/2018 at 8:27 AM, Deep Hole said:

8 quart, 99.00 Amazon.

Black Friday on Walmart site was $60...Can't wait to try it!!!

That's a steal. Make sure you use a lot of seasonings. I use a syringe type needle to inject seasonings.  

You won't believe how versatile it is. Made some great Chilli in no time as well as homemade Boston Baked Beans.

ENJOY, your purchase.

I tried tonight and it was very tasty. What you are seeing is half the roast. The other half I have froze for another meal in a few weeks

B7426154-7CDD-4D75-BE13-EBA4D61976BB.jpeg

DBEAEDD0-F3FF-4E7E-8AC3-E2B3DD841527.jpeg