NJTramcar

Looking for a review on odm nxd 104 rod

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Found this rod on sale and with the holidays, the family is asking for Christmas ideas.  It is a more than I would like to pay so having multiple people chip in wrks.

Looking at a 10' NDX-104 Mod. - Mod. Fast, 3/4 - 4 oz rod. 

This is a rod I would like to use primarily in NJ for plugs and bucktails.

Does anyone have first hand experience with it and what is your thoughts?

Thats the 10’ DNA rod, i havent used it, but i felt it in the store. Seems like a great rod for the price, i have a 10’-6” Frontier X or else I would definitly buy it. I would say use the search option and type in either “odm dna” or just “dna” and i know there are a few posts related to this rod, you should find some reviews there. 

On 12/10/2018 at 6:44 AM, NJTramcar said:

Nobody has used this rod?

Yeah you want to look up ODM DNA because there is a thread or two on the 9 footer. The 10 footer is said to be similar. I just bought the 9 footer because reports were that it was very similar to the Genesis version. But I haven't played with this Christmas present yet.

I just got the nxd 104 cause I own the 9fter I got the 10 cause I need to cast 2+ - 3oz baits as the 9 really does up to 2oz well. I casted a 3oz diamond jig 2nd cast n broke off prob need to goto 40lb braid but idk seems a lil soft at the tip for 3oz got pissed and went home try again tomorrow.

I have a 9' DNA  and I like it for everything except for pencil poppers - the action is just too fast for how I work them.   Aside from this It excels at everything else and I particularly enjoy how lightweight it is.  I am though having an issue with my rod where the real seat meets the blank that will need warranty service at the end of the season.  I also wish it was one piece - I might ask when they service the rod to glue it together for me.