Ben Lippen

Dear Tim,

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Are we ever going to get our pictures back? Years ago I had hundreds of pictures on this site with access that was so easy and quick. You assured me that the pictures would always remain. I did not copy or save many pictures because of that. Never worried because I could search up any picture or thread in seconds.

Now I cannot search up any thread without wasting ten - fifteen minutes if I'm lucky. 

Even if I'm lucky enough to find the thread I'm looking for, invariably, the pictures are not there.

Over and over again. 

So many threads in so many forums really are worthless without the pictures that originally accompanied them. 

I saw that ya hadda fix mybeachs' thread from a few years ago. Is this gonna be a fix each thread on a case by case basis? Because that's really not what I want to hear. I've ben waiting patiently for years now, without even an explanation. 

Signed,

Frustrated was years ago....

I assure that every one of your pictures is here. The short answer is yes, the pictures from the threads that are missing will be restored. Unfortunately, it’s not nearly as simple as one would think. Physically, they are back where they belong. The problem is in the databases that are required to show them in the threads where they belong. It’s going to require someone much smarter than myself to develop a fix - and that’s gonna cost a bunch of money - so I’m holding off on it until the site software is updated to the latest

major revision level. That’s so I don’t have to pay someone to do it and then have to pay someone to do it again.

My apologies that you haven’t been able to find your pictures. Tomorrow I’ll see if there’s a better way for you to search for the pictures. I think there is but I need to check it out and confirm.

TimS

I'm working on it again this morning :th:

I don't consider you a jerk, you know that...and I know it's frustrating, it's frustrating on this end as well :)

TimS

4 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

Thanks Tim. I dont mean to be a jerk, really. It's just, well frustrating.

But an explanation goes a long way. :th:

Ben, working on it still...made some headway this morning, but still not finished.

In the meanwhile, you can see every image you ever posted from this link:

https://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/profile/1827-ben-lippen/content/?type=gallery_image&sortby=image_date&sortdirection=desc

That link is sorted by the date they were added to the gallery - you can sort by other criteria as well :)

TimS