The Graveyard Shift

South Shore Fly Fishing Club (Massachusetts)

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2018 at 6:28 PM, crowconor said:

I had no idea there was a fly shop near nantasket. I live pretty nearby, is it a shop worth driving by and checking out? 

Its not a fly shop its more of a fly guide and he ties flys,rents gear ! Chris is a great guy always looking to help anglers , with intel .

Edited by shark lobster

24 mins ago, ccb said:

How do you get there? directions.

333 George Washington Blvd
Hull, MA  02045

That address will pull up the Estuary Center.  Its first building on right after you cross the bridge to Hull.

We ended up with 32 people interested in the club, which is way more than I was expecting.  Looking forward to the first meeting in February.  I doubt we will get more than 20 people coming through the door as I generally see 30% regular participation in a lot of clubs I have belonged to, but I will be very happy if we have 8-10 people coming to the first couple meetings.  Thanks to everyone on SOL who was interested.  If you have a surfcasting buddy that you are trying to drag over to the fly fishing side like my friend @beerdoh  Feel free to try and drag them to a club meeting.  The more the merrier and I hope everyone has a great holiday season and new year!

Dan

Dan,

I'm definitely interested in your club.  I'm relatively new to fly fishing and just started exploring the Boston area from shore this year, so it would be great to connect with some fellow local fly anglers.

Chase

1 hour ago, CMarshall said:

Dan,

I'm definitely interested in your club.  I'm relatively new to fly fishing and just started exploring the Boston area from shore this year, so it would be great to connect with some fellow local fly anglers.

Chase

Chase since you cannot get messages on here shoot me an email at daniel.clarke.wells@gmail.com

I will get you details on the club.

I am very interested in this. Please count me in.

I am returning to fly fishing. Used to fly fish Quincy/Neponset area quite a bit. As well as fish Shad in the area.

Thanks for starting this.

Total prospective membership is now up to 52 people.  A great mix of experience levels.  

My partner Marc and I toured the facility and we have been getting everything ready for the first meeting.  Looking forward to meeting the people who can make the first one.  We are focusing primarily on getting a good census of the groups interests so we can help drive the meeting agendas for the rest of the year to help meet member expectations.  Its going to be a fun year very excited to make some new fishing friends for the South Shore of Massachusetts.

13 hours ago, The Graveyard Shift said:

Total prospective membership is now up to 52 people.  A great mix of experience levels.  

My partner Marc and I toured the facility and we have been getting everything ready for the first meeting.  Looking forward to meeting the people who can make the first one.  We are focusing primarily on getting a good census of the groups interests so we can help drive the meeting agendas for the rest of the year to help meet member expectations.  Its going to be a fun year very excited to make some new fishing friends for the South Shore of Massachusetts.

The spot looks great. Excited for the first meeting