Zarpa

Fake battle II 4000 reel?

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

Last time I traveled to US I saw this PENN Battle II 4000 that I really wanted to buy, but I didn't =(

Unfortunately PENN Battle II 4000 is not marketed in my country, the few I could find were far too expensive due to importation fees, so I found a guy that was selling a brand new PENN Battle II 4000 very cheap, I'm a little afraid that it is a fake one, is there anyway to find out if the reel is really original?

Thanks in advance.

They are on amazon for about half off. I just bought  a new battle 2 1000 for 50 bucks shipped  and the new penn pursuit 3 for 27 shipped. . But I never heard of or  seen  a fake penn battle one or two.  If someone gonna make a knock off its gonna be for a nicer more expensive reel not a $100 reel that can usually be found  on sale for 25percent to 50 percent if you wait and look around.

9 mins ago, PENN Fishing said:

Zarpa,

If you can take a few pictures or snap shots of the reel that is listed I will take a look.

tony

Hey Tony. Thanks for the response.

I don't have it with right now, but as soon as I get back home next week I send you some pictures. 

Is there any specific part,label or mark that I should send you?

There are alot of reel scams out there be careful if they are from overseas! 

But i know on amazon they have listed reels for really cheap prices i got a new in box penn slammer 3 for 154$ thats a crazy price ! But it was a one day thing and only that size reel.

Amazon recently has the Penn Slammer 3 spinfisher V and conflict2 for about half price. Some sizes are cheaper than other so you have to go through. Academysports.com is also had a lot of penns for half off.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:33 AM, PENN Fishing said:

Zarpa,

If you can take a few pictures or snap shots of the reel that is listed I will take a look.

tony

Tony,

As you asked for, here are some pictures of the reel. 

DSC_0504.JPG

DSC_0509.JPG

DSC_0511.JPG

DSC_0510.JPG

DSC_0512.JPG

DSC_0508.JPG

DSC_0507.JPG

DSC_0503.JPG

DSC_0513.JPG

DSC_0505.JPG

I’m sure it’s a legitimate reel. The problem is online you can buy penns cheaper online then the stores are allowed to sell them. ebay sellers are always way cheaper. Amazon had slammers as low as $125 recently how they get away with it only penn knows.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:37 PM, matt boyer said:

I’m sure it’s a legitimate reel. The problem is online you can buy penns cheaper online then the stores are allowed to sell them. ebay sellers are always way cheaper. Amazon had slammers as low as $125 recently how they get away with it only penn knows.

If i'm not mistaken those Penn's Amazon were sold by Penn, and not third party.

Thank you so much everybody. I used it for the first time and it looks great. Got a 22lb jaw characin, the fish put up a good fight and the reel did its job pretty well.

I'm thinking in buying a battle II 6000 for big catfishes.