Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JaseB

Charlottesville Predictions

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Case has wrapped up.  It's up to the Jury now.   Charged with Murder in the First Degree.  Pre-Meditated.    I don't think they can get that to stick.   I think he gets hit with Voluntary Manslaughter, maybe a few others, but not 1st degree.

He looks like are Belmo at 20.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture6.PNG

Edited by JaseB

2 mins ago, Firinne said:

Poor Belmo :dismay:

They mock me because they our jealous of me. They envy my wit, erudition, my acumen at the track -- and my girlish figure. :th:

I don’t know enough about this story, but it makes me wonder. If I’m driving down the street and an angry mob surrounds my vehicle, I’m supposed to sit there and let them destroy it and not try to get away? Would that not fall under laws of self defense? 

1 min ago, chessie_yaker said:

I don’t know enough about this story, but it makes me wonder. If I’m driving down the street and an angry mob surrounds my vehicle, I’m supposed to sit there and let them destroy it and not try to get away? Would that not fall under laws of self defense? 

Get away without running some pitiful dame over is the object.

I honestly don't know enough of the details...like any other story, if he did something criminal, I hope he gets punished accordingly. if he didn't, I hope he is exonerated. 

4 mins ago, dena said:

I get that. I wouldn’t intentionally drive into a crowd of blue haired idiots, but if they’re surrounding the vehicle and smashing the windows in, I don’t think you’re left with much other choice but to hit the gas and get out of there. Fight or flight I guess

6695A877-AE69-4CE4-B8E6-E63A2B7B114C.jpeg.dcff61784a9c4b0939c7d0b71c5a2492.jpeg

16 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I honestly don't know enough of the details...like any other story, if he did something criminal, I hope he gets punished accordingly. if he didn't, I hope he is exonerated. 

It's not really a question of guilty or innocent.  He's guilty of killing a woman.   It's the intent and what he's found guilty of that is at question.

22 hours ago, dena said:

If a cop on a motorcycle uses a helmet to break your car window or a club wielding mob closes off any route of escape, you are gonna try something.

2 mins ago, Dave588 said:

If a cop on a motorcycle uses a helmet to break your car window or a club wielding mob closes off any route of escape, you are gonna try something.

I agree desperate times call for desperate measures...best move is not to go put yourself in a position where something like that is possible.

On both parts, the girl, and the driver.

Both put themselves in the position of getting into something beyond their control. They didn't set out that morning to die, or run someone over, but their decisions that day directly lead to where they are today.

23 hours ago, chessie_yaker said:

I get that. I wouldn’t intentionally drive into a crowd of blue haired idiots, but if they’re surrounding the vehicle and smashing the windows in, I don’t think you’re left with much other choice but to hit the gas and get out of there. Fight or flight I guess

6695A877-AE69-4CE4-B8E6-E63A2B7B114C.jpeg.dcff61784a9c4b0939c7d0b71c5a2492.jpeg

You are making false parallels.  The image you posted show people violently attacking a cop car.  That is nowhere close to what happened here.  These counter protestors were headed home after the protests were shut down.  He made a decision to run into a group of defenseless people with his car.

13 mins ago, Patrick9915 said:

You are making false parallels.  The image you posted show people violently attacking a cop car.  That is nowhere close to what happened here.  These counter protestors were headed home after the protests were shut down.  He made a decision to run into a group of defenseless people with his car.

They weren't headed home by blocking the streets. They just moved violence away from police disruption

30 mins ago, dena said:

I agree desperate times call for desperate measures...best move is not to go put yourself in a position where something like that is possible.

On both parts, the girl, and the driver.

Both put themselves in the position of getting into something beyond their control. They didn't set out that morning to die, or run someone over, but their decisions that day directly lead to where they are today.

The first decision was choreographing made by charlottesville putting both groups together with an anticipated result.