KnewBee

Broken promises

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

"President Trump has made clear that he wants the stock market to rise and the trade deficit to fall, and that his policies will make that happen. But this year, he has been getting the opposite result: The trade deficit is soaring while the market is careening down.

The U.S. trade deficit is at its highest level in a decade, the Commerce Department reported Thursday, and the trade deficit with China is at a record high. Trump’s trade war appears to be making the trade deficit worse as the United States continues to import a lot of foreign goods but has struggled to sell products such as soybeans abroad...."  WAPO today

"...As a candidate, Donald Trump promised “brilliant trade” policies that would drop the national trade deficit “like you’ve never seen before.”

Two years after he was elected, despite his singular focus on trade, America is importing more goods, while exporting less, than it ever has.

The federal government announced Thursday that America’s trade deficit hit $55.5 billion in October, rising almost a billion dollars from September. This is a ten-year high...."   Think Progress, Today

Trump promised that he would eliminate the debt and reduce the trade deficit.  

Why hasn't Trump delivered on his promises?   

promises.jpg

Why care, he won’t be in office when it all hits the fan. That’s his response to the deficit. 

“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt

But Hillary still isn’t president, so all is good. 

Is there video of this? A recording perhaps? Or is this just a quote someone attributed to him without evidence? 

It sounds like something he might say but I still find it suspect.... 

3 mins ago, J said:

Is there video of this? A recording perhaps? Or is this just a quote someone attributed to him without evidence? 

It sounds like something he might say but I still find it suspect.... 

TDS at work?

9 hours ago, KnewBee said:

"President Trump has made clear that he wants the stock market to rise and the trade deficit to fall, and that his policies will make that happen. But this year, he has been getting the opposite result: The trade deficit is soaring while the market is careening down.

The U.S. trade deficit is at its highest level in a decade, the Commerce Department reported Thursday, and the trade deficit with China is at a record high. Trump’s trade war appears to be making the trade deficit worse as the United States continues to import a lot of foreign goods but has struggled to sell products such as soybeans abroad...."  WAPO today

"...As a candidate, Donald Trump promised “brilliant trade” policies that would drop the national trade deficit “like you’ve never seen before.”

Two years after he was elected, despite his singular focus on trade, America is importing more goods, while exporting less, than it ever has.

The federal government announced Thursday that America’s trade deficit hit $55.5 billion in October, rising almost a billion dollars from September. This is a ten-year high...."   Think Progress, Today

promises.jpg

-

His (2) terms are already over?

1 hour ago, nalu22 said:

-

His (2) terms are already over?

Two terms?  If he continues on the current track, I can't imagine just how high the trade deficit and debt will rise.  Scary thought

20 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Where are all the people who tout the promises kept mantra?

He's kept many promises and not fulfilled some to date; being that he's still in office, you cannot say broken.  Your ESP must be working better than mine.

Carry on with your TDS.

-

OnlyAdorableAoudad-small.gif

We're here.

He's not even at the 2 year mark yet and has accomplished more than any other POTUS in  my 54 years. 

I'm at a loss to understand what you expect to hear from us other than praise. 

Come back to us in 6 years and ask again. 

11 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Were you expecting an overnight fix to a problem decades in the making?     :headscratch:

4 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Were you expecting an overnight fix to a problem decades in the making?     :headscratch:

I was expecting that the promise of trade deficit reduction would begin.  Instead, the trade deficit is INCREASING along with the debt.   These increases are a direct result of Trump's policies in stark contrast to his "promises"

2 yrs in and the trend is UPWARD.  How anyone can deflect and say it is too early to criticize are deluding themselves.   

6 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

For them, it really doesn't matter what he does, outside of their phony bitch du jour.

That said, we both know Republicans have utterly failed to make meaningful cuts.  They want the entitlement and other spending for the same reason Democrats do.  The denials are just political theater.

10 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Decades in the making

"The U.S. trade deficit widened to USD 55.5 billion in October of 2018 from an upwardly revised USD 54.6 billion in the previous month and compared with market expectations of a USD 54.9 billion gap. It is the highest deficit since October of 2008 as lower soybean sales weighed down on exports and imports reached a new record high..."    Trading economics website

We haven't seen a "Broken Promises" or "He's doing Nothing" Thread in MONTHS 

I was beginning to think it had been retired from the rotation....

He's DEMENTED closely follows as I recall, oldies but goodies