Beastly Backlash

December Fishing Reports

54 posts in this topic

Dusted off the ultra light today and headed to one my wintertime gill spots .. they were piled in there and on the feed .. easy 40-50 and mostly all jumbos .. few pounder bass mixed in .. beautiful orange on them slab gills .. saw many big carp cruising still on the feed , might have to go mess with them to tomorrow 

08C14D0E-9FC5-4199-ADF7-B04BE46974CA.jpeg

702B625B-0004-4EE9-93F0-8EC45F9281DD.jpeg

6D347092-F483-4C87-B37C-3F137F912993.jpeg

ADD5390E-C056-4940-8D64-3BD4D360B141.jpeg

82489E6B-6130-4D91-91AB-FC09DEF59C09.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice pics and fishes.

 

Been tough to say the least.   Dec 1, 2, 14, and 15 I caught the skunk.   Was on business travels between 3rd and 14th.      Tried again today and broke the skunk curse with three small bass and three slime darts.   Good to finally catch something.

 

Been the absolute worst Dec for Striper at my honey hole in the Ches Bay,  dreadful!   (based on only 4 years of experience)  

 

 

 

 

16 dec.jpg

dec pick.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Some nice pics and fishes.

 

Been tough to say the least.   Dec 1, 2, 14, and 15 I caught the skunk.   Was on business travels between 3rd and 14th.      Tried again today and broke the skunk curse with three small bass and three slime darts.   Good to finally catch something.

 

Been the absolute worst Dec for Striper at my honey hole in the Ches Bay,  dreadful!   (based on only 4 years of experience)  

 

 

 

 

16 dec.jpg

dec pick.jpg

Very nice man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marlo want to try the cove,,,we got skunked 15to20mph winds,,,thay had a tournament out there today 8 boats 2 bass:laugh:,,,,,we did see 20"roc"birds I think there from the middle east,,,,fishing with marlo always fun:)

20181216_191927.jpg

20181216_192008.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weather absolutely sucked all last week on every single day that I had off (sunny, cloudless to partly cloudy at best, clear nights on top of it). Nothing but skunks since 12/6 when the weather was fairly decent that night; caught dozens of sauger and walleye up to 7 pounds that dreary nasty night with rain and sleet pouring on top of me. 

 

Then as if to slap me in the face, day I have to go back into work, which was this past Friday, the weather took turn for the good! We have had nothing but cloudy and rainy days since Friday and I have had to work every single one of these perfect days.

 

 

Anyone else take note over time that when shore fishing for walleye, especially, the hottest nights are always some of the worst when it comes to weather?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick evening trip from 4:30 - 5:30.   Had several takers on the U vibe worm, but couldn't get a hookset.   Threw a Heddon Spook and managed one bass to avoid the skunk.   Lip Gripper required as my left thumb is wrapped in bandages from a very nasty cut.   

 

 

just one.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Quick evening trip from 4:30 - 5:30.   Had several takers on the U vibe worm, but couldn't get a hookset.   Threw a Heddon Spook and managed one bass to avoid the skunk.   Lip Gripper required as my left thumb is wrapped in bandages from a very nasty cut.   

 

 

just one.jpg

 

The colors on that bass are actually really beautiful, they seem bolder and darker then usual.

 

Good catch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 6:15 PM, KnewBee said:

Quick evening trip from 4:30 - 5:30.   Had several takers on the U vibe worm, but couldn't get a hookset.   Threw a Heddon Spook and managed one bass to avoid the skunk.   Lip Gripper required as my left thumb is wrapped in bandages from a very nasty cut.   

 

 

just one.jpg

Great job my friend,,,,,,the rivers here are flooded and the cove is out of season,,,,,I'm hoping you get the big one:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 6:45 PM, Wire For Fire said:

Dusted off the ultra light today and headed to one my wintertime gill spots .. they were piled in there and on the feed .. easy 40-50 and mostly all jumbos .. few pounder bass mixed in .. beautiful orange on them slab gills .. saw many big carp cruising still on the feed , might have to go mess with them to tomorrow 

08C14D0E-9FC5-4199-ADF7-B04BE46974CA.jpeg

702B625B-0004-4EE9-93F0-8EC45F9281DD.jpeg

6D347092-F483-4C87-B37C-3F137F912993.jpeg

ADD5390E-C056-4940-8D64-3BD4D360B141.jpeg

82489E6B-6130-4D91-91AB-FC09DEF59C09.jpeg

Not trying for a spot burn, but could you tell me what state your in?  I have'nt caught gills on worms this time of year ever.  Only tiny little spikes on hair thread line!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 mins ago, flyman28 said:

Not trying for a spot burn, but could you tell me what state your in?  I have'nt caught gills on worms this time of year ever.  Only tiny little spikes on hair thread line!

New York .. gills on the feed in my spots in winter .. they were rising like crazy on whatever flying critters were there .. caught many tickling tiny mastzuko crank bait on top the water .. and many on 3” senkos ripped down a tad and when you can reach them with the trout worm , normally they will always attack it no matter what mood they in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a few today, but it was slow to say the least.   Have a severe cut on the thumb and that added to the difficulties (about a dime size piece of flesh is gone, big hole that is still bleeding after three days).    Almost 70 degrees today so at least the weather was nice.   The big bass had a stunted head, but fought like a champ.

 

 

 

 

bad thumb.jpg

22 in dart.jpg

stunt head.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.