Luna through canal?

Rate this topic

FishRatz

23 mins ago, beerdoh said:

I vote around based on the number of sightings on the outer cape vs CCB. Also a lot more seals on outer cape. Would love to see one cruising through the ditch though... 

Look at the plotted locations...20 hours prior to the MV location, Luna was just outside of the Canal a few miles north, and then earlier than that, leaving the region you say. I doubt any migration South would then turn around and head North & East to go around....where it just came from. All the GW sharks head south now.

6 hours ago, beerdoh said:

I vote around based on the number of sightings on the outer cape vs CCB. Also a lot more seals on outer cape. Would love to see one cruising through the ditch though... 

I have seen one. Over 30 years ago. And I was wading at the time. :eek:

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

What's the current water temperature in the area of the Canal? 

GWs do have some ability to generate heat above water temperature, and the bigger the shark, the greater the tolerance of cold water (at least in theory; mass will increase faster then skin area.) At 15' and one ton plus, that's a good size fish. 

Since this is presumably the last of the GWs in the area, more or less ... what time of year do they reappear around the Cape?