BrianBM

Government shutdown?

Rate this topic

101 posts in this topic

I wonder if the President will .... I think, yes, he will do that. Life's been frustrating lately, tomorrow's news may make it more so, and he will feel a need to assert himself.

Your $0.02?

KNEWS PHLASH TO YOUSE.

President Donald J Trump has COMPLETELY shut down the Government at a moments notice, um yesterday.

So there is that.

12 mins ago, BrianBM said:

I wonder if the President will .... I think, yes, he will do that. Life's been frustrating lately

Don’t be frustrated, Brian...it’s just politics. The reality is we keep on doing our thing and making a difference on the ground. 

2 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

He lacks both the conviction and the balls to do it.

Is it your contention Barry had to the effect  'conviction and testicular fortitude' when Barry shut down OUR Government?

Just now, DoOver said:

Is it your contention Barry had to the effect  'conviction and testicular fortitude' when Barry shut down OUR Government?

My contention is that Trump won't do it.

It's a criminally wasteful way of doing business, but if they ALL weren't spending like drunken sailors these budgets wouldn't be half as contentious and they'd get the damn job done.

President Trump is working hard to ensure the US of A is number 1 in the World.

Why would he shut down OUR Government?

DtyBf46UwAAm-mY.jpg

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

I wonder if the President will .... I think, yes, he will do that. Life's been frustrating lately, tomorrow's news may make it more so, and he will feel a need to assert himself.

Your $0.02?

I was hoping that the Government would shutdown, but it was a selfish wish.    Freezing my butt off in field conditions and would like a furlough vacation.   

From all I have heard, the topic was shelved due to G H W Bush popping his clogs, the optics wouldn't be very good.

I do expect a massive tweet storm from the child like Trump tomorrow, gonna be a big fake news day, but no shutdown.  Besides, Mexico is going to pay for the ineffective wall, aren't they?

3 mins ago, KnewBee said:

I was hoping that the Government would shutdown, but it was a selfish wish.    Freezing my butt off in field conditions and would like a furlough vacation.   

From all I have heard, the topic was shelved due to G H W Bush popping his clogs, the optics wouldn't be very good.

I do expect a massive tweet storm from the child like Trump tomorrow, gonna be a big fake news day, but no shutdown.  Besides, Mexico is going to pay for the ineffective wall, aren't they?

Wait...you want the government to shut down so you can get warmer?

6 mins ago, saltydawg said:

Wait...you want the government to shut down so you can get warmer?

Duh, if there is a shutdown, I would have to leave KY where I am spending most of my time outdoors and it is very, very cold.   Love the work, but would rather be chasing stripers as the season winds down.  Mid Dec they tend to turn off