Lagerhead

Apostles Creed

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Look it up if you're not familiar. It's what christians profess to exhibit their belief that Jesus rose from the dead and is the son of God.

So the stink of the day is Trump not joining in while the other presidents/1st ladies join in.

The only 2 couples on that pew who are not hypocrites are the Trumps and the Carters.

Do you agree?

Come on now, any intelligent person knows that Obama is a secret Muslim who was just faking it, and that Trump is a deeply spiritual and religious man. 

Just going by Barry's own recorded words....

No one voted for DJT based on Family Values, odd you still cannot figure this out.

12 mins ago, nalu22 said:

Just going by Barry's own recorded words....

No one voted for DJT based on Family Values, odd you still cannot figure this out.

Is this that to me?  Lol 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Don't ya think Mr Trump has given the media something new to cry about. It's pretty obvious to me that Mr. Trump is clearly showing America that he is not one of "them". And why the anti American establishment dislike him. 

Edited by jimmy z

The Catholic version of the Apostles Creed is different from the Protestant Apostles Creed. In Protestant traditions, such as the Episcopal Church, the Eucharist does not transform into the body and blood of Christ (trans-substantiation), but the body and blood of Christ are present with the Eucharist. The Catholic Apostles Creed has the person recite he or she believes in trans-substantiation. The Episcopal (and other Protestant churches) Apostles Creed has the person recite he or she believes in Con-substantiation.

In fact, while previous versions of the Catholic Apostles Creed did not directly use the word “Tran-substantiation” due to a fear of alienating intellects; the new version incorporates the word “trans-substantiation, not just the concept. A Catholic either believes in trans-substantiation, or rejects the validity of the Catholic mass, which is centered around the tran-substantiation of the Eucharist and it’s sharing with believers.

Melania Trump is a professed Catholic. I believe, the only Catholic in that row. As a Catholic, if she recites the Protestant Apostles Creed, she rejects Catholicism, and commits apostasy.

As for the president, I guess his views are different enough from the Catholic or Protestant Church, that he won’t recite it. One would not be-grudge Joe Lieberman if he refused to join in either version of the Apostles Creed.

it's been a while since my catholic school days where we had religion classes every day.......... but it has to be said out loud?