Southcoastphil

Longshot, I admit: Dog transportation from GA to MA/RI?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

A few years ago my (now) wife came across a thread on her baby forum about a woman who found an abandoned dog and was looking for a home for him. Long story short, about a dozen women in the forum organized a game of hot potato with the dog. He started his journey in Houston Texas, and about a week later he came home to us in nj. Each person would drive an hour or 2, some more, to meet the next person to get the dog ever closer to us. If for some reason your current transportation arrangements don't work out I'd be in on doing what others did for us to help get your pup to you.

I've not been on here for several months, so please accept my apologies for the delay in bringing this full-circle.

I'm thrilled to report that Wally arrived on December 17th, via American Airlines on a direct flight from ATL to PVD. 

I bought a large airline-approved crate for him from Amazon, which was delivered to my daughter's house in Atlanta one day after I ordered it! 

In retrospect,I should have purchased a slightly smaller crate, but after all of that futzing around I opted to not risk a "Sorry, that crate is too small." decision, which would have added yet even more delays.  (Don't be surprised if you see a "WTT for smaller sized crate" in the BST soon!)

The folks at AA were nothing short of SUPER to deal with, from the booking to reviewing requirements to calling me when he'd arrived at PVD.  (I was on my way, but we had sudden heavy rains and wind, which added 20 minutes to my trip.  GRRRRRRR!  Felt like a kid at Christmas who was just informed that he had to wait to open his gifts!!!)

He arrived in fine form, if a little antsy from being in his crate for some four hours.  All of the documents (and a leash, a Patriots jersey, and his treats) were very securely attached to his crate.by the folks at AA in Atlanta.

I have to say that he is THE best Christmas present I've ever received as an adult!!

He's smart, affectionate, learns quickly, LOVES to ride in the Jeep, and is as handsome as can be.  (Well, I'll let you all decide about that last comment.)

Thank you all, again, for your help!

IMG_0510.JPG.747cecb02b8532bf86cf5f1baf1384ec.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG.4ddc3389f7f1dc85d4ac0f48b3704e0f.JPG

"Bandanna?  Nope.  I haven't seen one!"

IMG_0731.JPG.7a71f66f1ec47fa828bb5be33217ae38.JPG