Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

finally a good fight

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Boxing has been lacking anything decent for a while, Adonis Stevenson knocked the hell out and put in critical condition last week. Wilder and Fury had a decent fight and a good setup for a rematch. but i refuse to buy into the PPV crap

so this weekend (Saturday) ESPN best pound for pound fighter on the planet will be on Lomenchenko, a must see for anyone that enjoys good boxing

I can't remember the number of fights I spent money to see. This was before ppv. You had to go somewhere to watch it. Watched Larry Holmes knock the **** out of Cooney at Franklin Field in Philly. Watch the 91 second debacle that was tyson/spinks at Highpoint Racquetball Club. I don't remember where that is, though. Too many others that I can't remember. 

I'm old enough to remember the closed-circuit deal, when theaters would have big fights on Saturday nights. I was a young feller at the very tail end of that -- I remember my 7th grade baseball coaches talking about going to see a Marvin Hagler fight at the local movie house. They must have been wonderfully beer-soaked, smoky places.

Remember as a kid watch fights with my pops, anyone remember Piaz?

the Ward vs Gatti trilogy was the sh*t, & Spinks dropped 3X in 91 seconds