Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boscoebrea

WEEDS

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

well it finally happened,the fwater weeds have taken over our fishing area,can not reel in without bringing in##of weeds.What now, can not move as we fish one of the largest "docks" on the Delta.You know as I know the Sacramento River is one Muddy river,so because of the weeds and mud I am thinking I need Top water lures to catch Stripers...which one work the best?

I know it is time for bullheads,shad and mudsuckers....work great for night fishing.butt I am on the big wharf during the day....I want to plug from it,is that asking too much?

...I really want the weeds dead,over the years they have taken over miles of ounce fishable places;Plus the saltwater intrusion has made the cat fishing a thing of the past,like how far up the Delta need I go to catch catfish?

I guess what I need is some-sorta-sildenafil to be able to get a hard on about fishing through all the weeds that have taken over.

fishermen do find a way to overcome.

Pencil poppers are my favorite top water lure. They cast well especially when loaded. They can be worked in a variety of ways. Cotton Cordells are cheap and work well, but upgrade the hooks/split rings.

Top water is a low light game in general. Night, dawn, and dusk are prime. Cloudy/Foggy days can be good.

Texas rigged soft plastics work well in the weeds. Chartreuse or darker colors work best in muddy water from what I've read. They have glass rattles that can be glued inside. Use scent.