catatonic

Beautiful reel

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just thought everyone might enjoy seeing this......this was donated to a toys for tots drive yesterday.

its a one of one all blue zeebass with 25 & 27 spools....it’s in a velvet lined desert ironwood box.

it was originally made by zeebass for a raffle for a little guy with leukemia .....the person who won it donatedit to the toys for tots drive and my friend bought it.

DAAED59E-7165-4F17-90C7-CBCBDF9091DA.jpeg

328B1939-DFB1-467D-BE4E-9188645783B1.png

Edited by catatonic

Posted (edited) · Report post

There was at least one all blue ZB before the Owen Strong reel. (This reel has the orange service cover nut and black handle.)

I have some history with that custom box. My reel was used to make the insert for the box :)

1F6FECC7-F268-4F7E-A95B-43DC916A04E8.jpeg

55205B6F-6E11-457E-94E6-13E20A03AB72.jpeg

Edited by ged

Am I alone in thinking that reel would look even more badass with some weather on it? Few barnicle scratches and a ding or two?

I love seeing something of that caliber going to a cause like that. :th:

Cant help picturing it in that box with ten years of wear and tear on it though... it’d be beautiful.

7 hours ago, ged said:

There was at least one all blue ZB before the Owen Strong reel. (This reel has the orange service cover nut and black handle.)

I have some history with that custom box. My reel was used to make the insert for the box :)

1F6FECC7-F268-4F7E-A95B-43DC916A04E8.jpeg

55205B6F-6E11-457E-94E6-13E20A03AB72.jpeg

Good to know.....thanks for the info.

I wonder what it will look like after two years of fishing the Canal at night. Do you fish with it or sleep with it??? 

1 hour ago, Deep Hole said:

I wonder what it will look like after two years of fishing the Canal at night. Do you fish with it or sleep with it??? 

I would do both... in the biblical sense.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:21 PM, catatonic said:

Just thought everyone might enjoy seeing this......this was donated to a toys for tots drive yesterday.

its a one of one all blue zeebass with 25 & 27 spools....it’s in a velvet lined desert ironwood box.

it was originally made by zeebass for a raffle for a little guy with leukemia .....the person who won it donatedit to the toys for tots drive and my friend bought it.

DAAED59E-7165-4F17-90C7-CBCBDF9091DA.jpeg

328B1939-DFB1-467D-BE4E-9188645783B1.png

That's a cool reel. Thanks for putting the pictures up. 

21 hours ago, fishonnelsons said:

Cat, let me guess, first choice is Bruce, then Ryan?

I wish I knew about the fundraiser.  I would have helped raise the price :)

2 hours ago, ged said:

I wish I knew about the fundraiser.  I would have helped raise the price :)

The fundraiser is done by custom knifemsker Lucas Burnley......I’ve been of fan of his for years.

he started his business in New Mexico where he’s from....oddly enough his wife is originally from the cape and they relocated here last year when they had their first kid.

its a 24 hour fundraiser and always does great......the custom knife community is incredible.

All the toys will be delivered to the orleans police dept today for their stuff a bus event......they are going to need more than one bus.....

this years total...

95C39521-4496-4851-B285-2DBB396A511D.png