TimS

Is it time to re-package the Outpost?

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

Two days without a post leads me to believe it might be time to reimagine the Outpost. Slap a coat of paint on the place, throw out the furniture with drool stains and cigarette burns and stick a new sign out front? Basket Weaving? Computer Forum? Choosing the Proper Dessert Topping to Combat Vaginal Dryness? 

TimS

29 mins ago, TimS said:

Two days without a post leads me to believe it might be time to reimagine the Outpost. Slap a coat of paint on the place, throw out the furniture with drool stains and cigarette burns and stick a new sign out front? Basket Weaving? Computer Forum? Choosing the Proper Dessert Topping to Combat Vaginal Dryness? 

TimS

I blame Mokes

I've seen the Connecticut Forum go for days, weeks  without a post, doesn't mean we should change it's name to "The Unconstitutional State Forum". :idea: Then again maybe we should.

1 hour ago, saltydawg said:

Sometimes it’s best for the community when the projects are razed and not rebuilt.

If the Outhouse was razed, Frank would have no home to return to.

12 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

If the Outhouse was razed, Frank would have no home to return to.

Fwank is back, hes a changed man. He on the new Perch & sunfish on line site. It teaches you how to catch sunnys. Loaded with information.  The "Seagul poop" forum that discusses anything is where he hangs out, Monday thru Friday during his work hours. 

2 hours ago, TimS said:

TimS

In all seriousness I would vote for a "product forum"...Every day one of us buys a new product that works, doesn't work or needs work.  Be it a rototiller, a yeti cooler alternative, a laptop, rainwear, a new SUV or truck, granite counter tops, baklava recipe or a new cell phone.

People love advice from trusting people and if people are pleased with their purchases they're happy to spread the word.   Think of it as SOL version of Consumer reports.

12 mins ago, iphish said:

In all seriousness I would vote for a "product forum"...Every day one of us buys a new product that works, doesn't work or needs work.  Be it a rototiller, a yeti cooler alternative, a laptop, rainwear, a new SUV or truck, granite counter tops, baklava recipe or a new cell phone.

People love advice from trusting people and if people are pleased with their purchases they're happy to spread the word.   Think of it as SOL version of Consumer reports.

Funny-gif-steve-carell-freaking-out.gif

15 mins ago, iphish said:

Consumer Reports test their cars behind my house, 300 acres of prime deer hunting now fenced off. :mad:

6 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

I blame Mokes

Obviously. He can post in this forum, just not the PG. Without Frank in here for people to torture like a caged animal I think the place needs a fresh start :read:

TimS

1 min ago, TimS said:

Obviously. He can post in this forum, just not the PG. Without Frank in here for people to torture like a caged animal I think the place needs a fresh start :read:

TimS

It's fine

change is bad etc... 

4 hours ago, iphish said:

The problem with having "review" type forums is they ultimately end up full of spam, spammy posts, spamming for a friend posts, etc, etc.  Folks ask for info on products on each forum here - and folks ask for help on products in each forum here - trying to get them all to stop and just ask/post that type of stuff in one forum would be harder than getting them to read the BST guidelines :blackeye:

TimS