Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The BuzzardsBayBruin

Bush Eulogy

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bridgerat said:

It boggles the mind that W and Jeb are offspring from HW. Clowns.

I thought it was just me feeling that way.  Voted twice for the old man, zero for the son..

^^It boggles my mind that I am offspring of my father also.  Genetics have a strange way of operating.

Both of the Bush boys and myself are extremely lucky!  Thank God.

I always liked W, even when it was enormously unpopular to do so. I think he's a good egg, especially being the scion of a family as prominent as the Bushes.

And he gets bonus points for including a reference to "the elusive striper" in his eulogy. That's all aces with me. :th:

Busting a covey of quail ain't bad either.  I've said often to my wife  "I wish President Bush the elder was our neighbor."  I would have loved to shoot the breeze with him "over the fence" -so to speak.

2 hours ago, Belmo said:

I always liked W, even when it was enormously unpopular to do so. I think he's a good egg, especially being the scion of a family as prominent as the Bushes.

And he gets bonus points for including a reference to "the elusive striper" in his eulogy. That's all aces with me. :th:

Have you seen his artwork? He is talented.

He paints portraits of fallen soldiers lost under his command and sends them to the families.

There is a story on it.

It couldn't have been easy to grow up in that prominent a family. If it'd have been me, I'd have gone full-on Holden Caulfield, and ended up in the loony bin.

2 hours ago, Belmo said:

he seems like an OK guy, but, Cheney he deserves to be tossed in the east river for his funeral

6 hours ago, Belmo said:

It couldn't have been easy to grow up in that prominent a family. If it'd have been me, I'd have gone full-on Holden Caulfield, and ended up in the loony bin.

With Jane Gallagher conjugal visits?