codfish

10 inch Fin-S-Fish

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Back in the late '90s, one of the guys who showed me the benefits of fishing with the 9" Slug-go told me that he preferred the 10" Fin-s-Fish over the Slug-go stating that it worked better on stripers. I tried it for a while but didn't like it because it was bulker than the Slug-go and didn't cast nearly as well. My buddy caught some serious fish on the largest Fin-S-Fish though.

49 mins ago, codfish said:

Any one you know that carry's 10 inch Fin-S-Fish

Check dicks....... i think i saw a bunch of them there the other week (month ago maybe)

I liked those because of the larger profile and they have a good swim.  For a while, they were the only bait bigger than 9" and were a go-to big fish bait.  Now there are so many other large plastics, many bigger and easier to cast with great action.  So I haven't used one in a while, but the 36" weakfish in my avatar has a 10" Fin-S hanging off it's lip!

When I first started using the Fin-S-Fish I was shore bound.  I liked their profile but could launch a Sluggo so much farther that I never went back.   May have to reconsider now that I'm in the kayak as another option.   

I will say that if you have the initiative you can probably make an easy mold of it.    The color spectrum and color combo's will be at your fingertips to explore.    

I use these often. The owner beast hooks work really well with them because of the huge gap, which ensures better hookups. I have them weighted and unweighted, along with a few lead head sizes for fishing deeper water. 

On 12/6/2018 at 8:50 AM, Slappy said:

the 36" weakfish in my avatar has a 10" Fin-S hanging off it's lip!

That thing is a pig! :th: