BearAssHippo

Plugs found on the beach

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

I'm sure I told this here before but my best plug find came by way of a gull. We'd just moved to Ct and I was fishing off some rocks in LIS, when I saw a gull in distress. It had a Red Fin jointed plug in both beak and foot. Kept pulling its head under water and as it drifted to shore I picked it up and with my 2 kids in tow walked it back to our rental where I had some pliers, pushed the barbs down and removed the hooks. Once freed, the gull walked off and looked back like, WTFRU, and just took off. Great lesson for the kids. My second best find was pulling up a rod and reel from a seamount in about 45 feet of water. Still using the rig today!

On 12/13/2018 at 4:52 PM, Big Will said:

I wonder who found all my plugs when I got washed off a jetty earlier this fall in jersey. I'm sure if I waited til low tide they would have been easy to retrieve but I was tired and beat up, driving home bleeding all over myself lol. There was an ls69 darter in parrot, a custom made white/wonder bread norcalkat danny style plug, a nice wood popper and a few sp minnows. Luckily I was able to find the one hand carve that fell out. I dont have a ton of nice plugs so it was a big loss but I didn't care at the time. I had to wade around just to find my torque and arra. Hopefully someone found those and is putting them to good use :)

You found a jetty in nj??

On 12/14/2018 at 1:43 AM, Sudsy said:

Was up fishing at Montauk

Full out blitz at Turtle cove, high tide, elbow to elbow googans

Went back that evening, all alone and noticed a 10' length of howser rope hanging off a rock about 20 yards out with a sweet wood plug on it.

Swam out and found I was wrong, there were about 15 plugs and a handful of bucktails stuck to it, all new or almost new, some sweet wood, a few SS's and some Bombers.

Took a pounding from the waves trying nip through the rope with the only thing I had, a pair of side cutting pliers, but it was worth it.

That was 7 or 8 years ago. Not sure I'd risk it now :eek:

Damn....may have to setup a plug trap there next fall =)