BearAssHippo

Plugs found on the beach

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

Several years ago before I fished salt water, I was on vacation in eastern Long Island.  While walking on the beach with my wife, I found what I now know was a danny plug almost brand new.  I gave it to a guy in a pickup truck in the parking lot.  must have been a good one since he asked me was I sure I didn't want it. 

9 hours ago, n1gdo said:

Found a whole surf bag full of lures in Chatham a couple of

seasons ago... put it in a Lost and Found at a center nearby.

They cleaned out the Lost and Found and told me to take the bag

out at the end of the season.  Wish I could have found the owner.

Hope the owner isn't resting in peace at the bottom somewhere.

19 hours ago, Mojoboy said:

Before I really knew much about plugs. I remember a guy casting off a lefty plug and he said anyone who hooks it with their plug he will give them 30 bucks for it. That plug slowly floated out into sea. Later that day I found a super strike bottle and I knew someday I’d get a good fish on it. Only took a few years but I got one. Being like 16 at the time I thought I hit the jackpot when I found that plug 

27FC0ED8-1B5C-4269-B55C-E96030AEF7E5.jpeg

+2

I have found 3 sps, three polaris poppers, ss popper, a manns stetch 25, opened but only 2 missing otter tails, a bomber crankbait, a mag darter, many bucktails and many others i cant remember...unused rigs with swivel and clip still nice (ive lost my fair share of crap too magic swimmer, stick shadd, talking popper, run off needle and many jigs and bucktails on the snags...most memorable was this one...caught this at the very end of a cast in the middle of the night with not many people around so it wasnt a fresh break in a lineup...was somehow able to return it to the builder on this site who had lost the plug on a break off two nights before in a different location than I was and was rewared with a goodie bag of others plugs

20171028_234145.thumb.jpg.ead71a14059f9333e0d8174747b1a445.jpg

This story is about someone that found a plug lost by me.  Was fishing an inlet in FL at night and due to a bad knot I lost a green mack SP with TA clip, leader, and swivel.  Early next morning on the jetty on opposite side of the inlet I'm fishing and see a guy come out and fish about 50 yds away and get two redfish on two casts.  Second one was pretty large so walked over to see if he needed help.  He was using my SP and rig I lost.  I asked him about the lure and he said he had found it on the walk out.  I laughed and I told him I lost it the night before and he starts to take it off to give it back.  I was laughing and said no don't do that and actually gave him another one since I always carry multiples. He had never used one and loved the casting and action.   

2 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

Not a plug but still pretty.

20181206_184010-1.jpg

What is that on the right? Bronze colored diamond type jig? 

1 hour ago, jettyjmpr said:

I have found 3 sps, three polaris poppers, ss popper, a manns stetch 25, opened but only 2 missing otter tails, a bomber crankbait, a mag darter, many bucktails and many others i cant remember...unused rigs with swivel and clip still nice (ive lost my fair share of crap too magic swimmer, stick shadd, talking popper, run off needle and many jigs and bucktails on the snags...most memorable was this one...caught this at the very end of a cast in the middle of the night with not many people around so it wasnt a fresh break in a lineup...was somehow able to return it to the builder on this site who had lost the plug on a break off two nights before in a different location than I was and was rewared with a goodie bag of others plugs

That’s a beauty, very unique. Bet the builder who lost it was beside himself. How’d you get it back to him?

39 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

That’s a beauty, very unique. Bet the builder who lost it was beside himself. How’d you get it back to him?

Started a post in tackle collectors to find out who built it as u dont see too many like that at all...someone reached out that knew who it was and i messaged the guy who confirmed it was his...crazy

2 hours ago, jettyjmpr said:

I was with him when he lost this.  He was heartbroken!  Hooked and lost a big fish on it shortly before losing it.  Was awesome of you to find owner and return it!

Posted (edited) · Report post

A friend of mine found a well worn Super Strike green mackerel needlefish washed up on a rocky beach one morning and used it the next evening to catch a fifty pounder.

Edited by VanStaalSteve