Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

Enlightening

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I found this piece by Dr Walter Williams enlightening.

In it he states that the love affair between Leftists and brutal dictators, the deadliest of the last century is nothing new.

Prominent Leftists from way back sang the praises of Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and the rest.

Do today's leftists agree with their ideological forefathers?

According to his stats, many do.

And, the question in his last sentence is really the one that needs answered.

 

A recent Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation survey found that 51 percent of American millennials would rather live in a socialist or communist country than in a capitalist country. Only 42 percent prefer the latter. Twenty-five percent of millennials who know who Vladimir Lenin was view him favorably. Lenin was the first premier of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. Half of millennials have never heard of Communist Mao Zedong, who ruled China from 1949 to 1959 and was responsible for the deaths of 45 million Chinese people.

The number of people who died at the hands of Josef Stalin may be as high as 62 million. However, almost one-third of millennials think former President George W. Bush is responsible for more killings than Stalin. By the way, Adolf Hitler, head of the National Socialist German Workers’ Party, was responsible for the deaths of about 20 million people. The Nazis come in as a poor third in terms of history’s most prolific mass murderers. According to professor Rudolph Rummel’s research, the 20th century, mankind’s most brutal century, saw 262 million people’s lives destroyed at the hands of their own governments (http://tinyurl.com/lu8z8ab).

Young people who weren’t alive during World War II and its Cold War aftermath might be forgiven for not knowing the horrors of socialism. Some of their beliefs represent their having been indoctrinated by their K-12 teachers and college professors. There was such leftist hate for former President George W. Bush that it’s not out of the question that those 32 percent of millennials were taught by their teachers and professors that Bush murdered more people than Stalin.

America’s communists, socialists and Marxists have little knowledge of socialist history. Bradley Birzer, a professor of history at Hillsdale College, explains this in an article for The American Conservative titled “Socialists and Fascists Have Always Been Kissing Cousins.” Joseph Goebbels wrote in 1925, “It would be better for us to end our existence under Bolshevism than to endure slavery under capitalism.” This Nazi sentiment might be shared by Sen. Bernie Sanders and his comrade Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Goebbels added, “I think it is terrible that we and the Communists are bashing in each other’s heads.”

When the tragedies of socialist regimes — such as those in Venezuela, the USSR, China, Cuba and many others — are pointed out to America’s leftists, they hold up Sweden as their socialist role model. But they are absolutely wrong about Sweden. Johan Norberg points this out in his documentary “Sweden: Lessons for America?” Americans might be surprised to learn that Sweden’s experiment with socialism was a relatively brief flirtation, lasting about 20 years and ending in disillusionment and reform.

Reason magazine reports: “Sweden began rolling back government in the early 1990s, recapturing the entrepreneurial spirit that made it a wealthy country to begin with. High taxation and a generous array of government benefits are still around. But now it’s also a nation of school vouchers, free trade, open immigration, light business regulation, and no minimum wage laws.” School vouchers, light business regulation and no minimum wage laws are practices deeply offensive to America’s leftists.

Our young people are not the first Americans to admire tyrants and cutthroats. W.E.B. Du Bois, writing in the National Guardian in 1953, said, “Stalin was a great man; few other men of the 20th century approach his stature.” Walter Duranty called Stalin “the greatest living statesman” and “a quiet, unobtrusive man.” There was even leftist admiration for Hitler and fellow fascist Benito Mussolini. When Hitler came to power in January 1933, George Bernard Shaw described him as “a very remarkable man, a very able man.” President Franklin Roosevelt called Mussolini “admirable,” and he was “deeply impressed by what he (had) accomplished.”

In 1972, John Kenneth Galbraith visited Communist China and praised Mao and the Chinese economic system. His Harvard University colleague John K. Fairbank believed that America could learn much from the Cultural Revolution, saying, “Americans may find in China’s collective life today an ingredient of personal moral concern for one’s neighbor that has a lesson for us all.”

Are Americans who admire the world’s most brutal regimes miseducated or stupid? Or do they have some kind of devious agenda?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dena said:

 

Are Americans who admire the world’s most brutal regimes miseducated or stupid?

Both.

I would be more than happy to help them pack their bags and send them off to the communist paradise dictatorship of their choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dena said:

I found this piece by Dr Walter Williams enlightening.

In it he states that the love affair between Leftists and brutal dictators, the deadliest of the last century is nothing new.

 

And, the question in his last sentence is really the one that needs answered.

 

Are Americans who admire the world’s most brutal regimes miseducated or stupid? Or do they have some kind of devious agenda?

Are you saying Trump is a leftist?

 

President Trump says he and Kim Jong Un “fell in love” after the North Korean leader wrote him “beautiful letters” and characterized the U.S. as having “a very good relationship” with North Korea.

 

"I have no relationship with him other than he called me a genius. He said Donald trump is a genius and he is going to be the leader of the party and he's going to be the leader of the world or something," Trump said, embellishing Putin's praise.  "I'm saying that I'd possibly have a good relationship. He's been very nice to me," Trump said. "If we can make a great deal for our country and get along with Russia that would be a tremendous thing. I would love to try it."

 

Donald Trump has celebrated Xi Jinping’s bid to shepherd China back into an era of one-man dictatorship, suggesting the United States might one day “give that a shot”.  China’s authoritarian leader took power in 2012 and had been expected to rule until 2023. However, last week it emerged that Xi would attempt to use an annual meeting of China’s parliament, which kicks off on Monday morning, to abolish presidential term limits by changing the Chinese constitution. Liberals have condemned the power grab, which will almost certainly be approved by members of the National People’s Congress who have flocked to Beijing for the two-week summit. However, Trump offered a more positive assessment during a fundraising event at his Mar-a-Lago estate, where he hosted Xi last April. “He’s now president for life. President for life. And he’s great,” the US president told Republican donors.  “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot some day,” Trump added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, PeterO said:

Are you saying Trump is a leftist?

 

President Trump says he and Kim Jong Un “fell in love” after the North Korean leader wrote him “beautiful letters” and characterized the U.S. as having “a very good relationship” with North Korea.

 

"I have no relationship with him other than he called me a genius. He said Donald trump is a genius and he is going to be the leader of the party and he's going to be the leader of the world or something," Trump said, embellishing Putin's praise.  "I'm saying that I'd possibly have a good relationship. He's been very nice to me," Trump said. "If we can make a great deal for our country and get along with Russia that would be a tremendous thing. I would love to try it."

 

Donald Trump has celebrated Xi Jinping’s bid to shepherd China back into an era of one-man dictatorship, suggesting the United States might one day “give that a shot”.  China’s authoritarian leader took power in 2012 and had been expected to rule until 2023. However, last week it emerged that Xi would attempt to use an annual meeting of China’s parliament, which kicks off on Monday morning, to abolish presidential term limits by changing the Chinese constitution. Liberals have condemned the power grab, which will almost certainly be approved by members of the National People’s Congress who have flocked to Beijing for the two-week summit. However, Trump offered a more positive assessment during a fundraising event at his Mar-a-Lago estate, where he hosted Xi last April. “He’s now president for life. President for life. And he’s great,” the US president told Republican donors.  “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot some day,” Trump added.

 

Trump is a Leftist, that recognized weakness in leadership, and rushed in to fill the void.

Which is why I do not get why you guys do not like him.

I would wager that if you guys complimented him, ad played to his ego, you could bend him to see things your guys way more often than not.

Instead you resist, and he digs in his heels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 mins ago, dena said:

 

Trump is a Leftist, that recognized weakness in leadership, and rushed in to fill the void.

Which is why I do not get why you guys do not like him.

I would wager that if you guys complimented him, ad played to his ego, you could bend him to see things your guys way more often than not.

Instead you resist, and he digs in his heels.

This may sway you away from your "Leftist!" claim.

 

"Has Trump governed erratically?

 

Yes, that’s a fair description. It’s partly because as a non-politician he arrived in Washington without the battalion of allies, advisors, and party flacks that a senator or governor would normally accumulate on the long road to the White House. Trump’s administration is basically a one-man operation, with him relying on gut instinct and sometimes madcap improvisation. There’s often a gonzo humor to it — not that the US president should be slinging barbs at bottom-feeding celebrities or jackass journalists, much as they may deserve it. It’s like a picaresque novel starring a jaunty rogue who takes to Twitter like Tristram Shandy’s asterisk-strewn diary. Trump’s unpredictability might be giving the nation jitters, but it may have put North Korea, at least, on the back foot."

 

He has served as a Conservative for the pat two years.  He had no choice.  Half of the Republicans and all of the Democrats hated him!

 

He is serious about our adherence to the precepts of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. That is what has created the environment

he has built to move ahead and ignore the "Never Trumper's and the Poisoned Left that the Democrats have embraced as a Religion!

 

His solid support of Judge Kavanaugh won him more and more Republicans.  Most of the Never Trumper's exited in the midterm elections, Retired or defeated the ranks have been filled with new faces and idea's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good summery RJ.

 

OP- I think a large portion of the blame for idolizing the murdering socialists & communists goes to the indoctrination  (education) system & propaganda machine as well as all of it's mega-phones (TV-hollywood). There was a premeditated & purposeful acquisition of those institutions by- the progs who basically are socialists & communist sympathizers. 

 

Look what they did to our National hero Joe McCarthy.         Still reviled.

 

dem ICON-FDR-called Stalin-uncle Joe.

 

Russian collusion?- FDR & the dems facilitated Russian spies though out our entire government.

 

There is a great effort from written works up to the Internet to hide-deceive by omission and revise any history that works against the prog end game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dena said:

 

I would wager that if you guys complimented him, ad played to his ego, you could bend him to see things your guys way more often than not.

Pretty sure bet given that is exactly how he is being played by Kim, Putin and Xi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.