JoeC

Narragansett Surfcasters Surf Day 2019

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

The Narragansett Surfcasters are pleased to announce its 6th Annual Surf Day will be held February 9, 2019 at the Narragansett Community Center.  A wide variety of both new and used tackle will be available at very reasonable prices.  We will also have an impressive collection of antique plugs on display, and great food will be available.  Vendor tables are available for $30 while the supply lasts.  This event has proven to be an extremely popular and well-attended mid-winter event.  Proceeds are used to support the club's annual Kid's Fishing Day in July.

For more information, please view the attached poster.

NSC Surf Day 2019.pdf

It was a nice show, but I was surprised to see a builder that was caught poaching striped bass in the summer of 2017 had a table at this show later that winter selling his custom plugs. 

22 hours ago, ged said:

It was a nice show, but I was surprised to see a builder that was caught poaching striped bass in the summer of 2017 had a table at this show later that winter selling his custom plugs. 

He's at the collectors show also. 

23 hours ago, ged said:

I bet the guy's holding the show were surprised to learn one of the vendors was caught poaching striped bass earlier in the year - I'd bet a quarter there's not a box on the application asking about fish and game violations? ;)

TimS

47 mins ago, TimS said:

I bet the guy's holding the show were surprised to learn one of the vendors was caught poaching striped bass earlier in the year - I'd bet a quarter there's not a box on the application asking about fish and game violations? ;)

TimS

Your right Tim, and there should be. 

I mean no disrespect to the Narragansett Surfcasters. I have fished the rocks and the sand there with them. 

On 12/6/2018 at 3:54 PM, gray gables said:

He's at the collectors show also. 

Matt I would like to know who this is. You can send me a PM. Not the kind of activity we promote or want as part of our show. Thanks 

On 12/6/2018 at 6:06 PM, ged said:

Your right Tim, and there should be. 

I mean no disrespect to the Narragansett Surfcasters. I have fished the rocks and the sand there with them. 

No worries...I'm sure folks holding a surfcaster show or a plug collector's show don't want poachers profiting or benefiting from their efforts. Hopefully someone shared the name of this person/business with the proper folks and they are no longer welcome at these events :th:

TimS

4 hours ago, Mack26 said:

Do people sell freshwater merchandise also or do you just encourage saltwater stuff? I have a bunch of stuff i would like to sell for some great prices!

Primarily salt water, but I suspect many of the guys coming to the show are also fresh water fishermen and women. New and used tackle . . . some great buys as well as an opportunity to cull the herd.