Jay in the Bay

Best places to live and fish in Florida??

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Condo fees are going through the Roof in many locations. Best advise is to go dowm there and rent for a while and see how thing so.

I own homes on east coast and west coast for a many years. There's no "best place". It's all what ya make of it....or what one likes. Some like the cramp scene, some like the wide open, some like the water lapping at the seawall. I can go to any area in Florida and like something about it. In money terms, the closer one gets to the water, the higher the prices. Cheaper means deeper in the state. Lotta changes down here with building codes, which means higher home prices. Remember, we have BIG swirling friends that like to pay us a visit each year. Might want to talk to some of those folks from that nice once upon a time little sleepy town of Mexico Beach. Stuff happens. Happen to me once. Not fun. Florida can be mean and cruel and sunny and beautiful. It can be the best of the best and the worst of the worst.

Lot of Mid Westerners on the gulf side. 

42 mins ago, b4loran said:

Old people live on the east coast, their parents live on the west coast.

East coast tends to attract the east coast northerners. 

West coast tends to be the midwest folks. This is changing, we see a lot more of NY,NJ,CONN, MASS plates here every year. 

If you drew a line straight north it will show you the area it attracts. 

I live in Palm Bay, just South of Melbourne, for two reasons the fishing and the cost of living. Living in Naples, North Naples, and Bonita for half my life I think the fishing, especially land based, is dismal in comparison to the East Coast most of the year. I can shrimp, crab, and dive more on top of the better bait runs, offshore and inshore diversity, and better game fishing overall. Close to Orlando and not far from the close gulf stream offshore waters of Boyton, West Palm, and reasonable travel distances from the Keys which are places I want to visit but not live.