Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

PSA for the SOL FastFood Fatbodies

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

PENNY WHOPPER's

In a marketing campaign launched Tuesday, Burger King is selling its trademark Whopper for a penny.

The secret to getting the burger for 1 cent? Go (close) to a McDonald's MCD .

"Today, the Burger King brand is turning more than 14,000 McDonald's into Burger King restaurants. Sort of," Burger King says in a written statement emailed to CNBC Make It .

To get the deal, users have to download the Burger King app on their phones. Then when a user goes within 600 feet of any of more than 14,000 McDonald's restaurants, the app uses geolocation technology to "unlock" the Whopper-for-a-penny deal. (The deal is not available in Alaska or Hawaii, according to Burger King .)

brb going to McDonald's

"Once the 1 [cent] Whopper sandwich order is placed, the user will be 'detoured' away from McDonald's, as the app navigates them to the nearest Burger King restaurant for pick up," Burger King says.

I can't remember the last time I had Burger King...or McDonald's...but now all I can think about is a BK cheeseburger to stack their onions rings on :drool:

TimS

Posted (edited) · Report post

I usually grab a Big Mac and fries before hopping on the thruway then 20 min later I feel like I ate a lead ball and I’m exhausted 

Edited by Sandflee

16 mins ago, Sandflee said:

I have McDonald’s once a year usually headed back from upstate other than that never

Regular season closes Sunday.

Howd you do?

A former CEO I worked for would get McDonalds sausage McMuffin for belreakfast no matter where we traveled he said because they are always consistent no matter where you are in the world lol

13 hours ago, TimS said:

I can't remember the last time I had Burger King...or McDonald's...but now all I can think about is a BK cheeseburger to stack their onions rings on :drool:

TimS

I Guarantee it’s not as good as you remember.

2 hours ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

I Guarantee it’s not as good as you remember.

Probably not :(

16 hours ago, TimS said:

TimS

I had MCD's driving home from the mountains last Wed. Couldn't remember the last time I had it before that. Probably haven't been to burger king in 10 years.