BearAssHippo

What lure is this?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

it was probably loaded with water; it evaporates.

drill it out in same spot and load it up to 1.3 oz......:hooked:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Load that baby back up, put on some new split rings and trebles and get it in the water!

Edited by jesgord

Thanks everyone! Just cleaned some rust off and found the tiny Redfin label branded on the bottom. Definitely will load it up! Bbs,mineral oil,water or syrup(maybe that’s an entirely different thread) Think I might take a crack at repainting it. Any color suggestions ? 

46 mins ago, BearAssHippo said:

Thanks everyone! Just cleaned some rust off and found the tiny Redfin label branded on the bottom. Definitely will load it up! Bbs,mineral oil,water or syrup(maybe that’s an entirely different thread) Think I might take a crack at repainting it. Any color suggestions ? 

Yes, the color you found it as :-)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Mineral Oil is non-toxic, does not evaporate, and since it is lower density than water, maintains much of the desired "surface wake" effect of the lure. Just requires more volume to achieve the same modified weight.  I have not had to redo my redfins in quite a few years, but I believe I used to load the 5 inchers to 1oz and the 7 inchers to 1.5 ounce (weighed without hardware).  be certain to seal the eyelets with 5 minute epoxy before you reload the redfin.

Edited by FlatWing