bjelley

Rig organization

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

What I did to store rigs was purchase different size plastic bags and place one rig in a bag ... This will prevent the rigs from tangling..Then I store all my plastic bags that have rigs in them in a large plastic box to really keep things organized..

I do about the same thing. Each rig in a small zip lock plastic bag, marked on the outside as to weight, and then they all go into a gallon zip lock bag. The zip lock keeps the salt water out.

When I use bags I cut a piece of paper or cardboard and put it in as a divider to double up and absorb some moisture if needed.

57 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

When I use bags I cut a piece of paper or cardboard and put it in as a divider to double up and absorb some moisture if needed.

Simple idea that sounds great. I use a leader wallet since individual bags are easier to get blown away in the wind, but they frequently get little holes in them from the hooks which let water in. This might help cut down on rust a bit while preventing tangles. 

I purchased in a 99 cent store a recipe organizer book that has about a dozen plastic sleeves in it and I use the sleeves to separate and organize my rigs...   

I get the super heavy 4mil 4x4" ziplocs from McMaster, and poke a 1/4" hole in the corner with a soldering iron. Now I can put rigs and such in them, and put the bags on a big key ring like those screw together cable ones.

I use plastic CD envelopes.  They're flat, transparent, hard enough that hooks don't puncture, and come in a package of like 5 different colors for organization.  I bought a bunch from staples some years back.  They last a long time.  

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Def going to do this, thanks!

18 hours ago, gellfex said:

I get the super heavy 4mil 4x4" ziplocs from McMaster, and poke a 1/4" hole in the corner with a soldering iron. Now I can put rigs and such in them, and put the bags on a big key ring like those screw together cable ones.

Can a bucktail with trailer on (otter tail or twisty worm) fit in the 4x4 bag?

BassPro sells a small worm bag that costs about ten bucks. The one with a Velcro flap, definitely not a zipper that corrodes. I added some extra bags to mine. It is about 8x8 and holds about fifteen bags. Large enough to leave rigs loosely coiled inside. Been using mine two or three years now no issues.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I use old school case logic style CD wallets with a paper or cardboard divider in each pouch so I can double up.  It’s nice to be able to page through the binder and chose the rig I want to use then close it up and put it away. I try and find the ones that use Velcro closures and not zippers.  

789B10D6-092D-47E0-A050-B29F981123CB.jpeg

Edited by jesgord