heyblue34

Holyoke Restaurants

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

My son will be playing in the Western Mass Freeze Out in January and we booked a hotel in Holyoke. Looking for recommendations for a good breakfast and dinner spots. Thanks

I’d recommend making the short drive to Northampton where there’s loads of great places.

Sylvesters or Jake’s are great for breakfast. Dinner options are  endless. Sierra Grill is a great place.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you like pizza, then you should give Joe's in Northampton a try. I've had pizza from Lombardi's in NYC to Pepe's pizza in New Haven. Trust me when I say that this is a very good pizza! 

Their specialty mushroom pizza is incredible. 

If you are familiar with fine Chinese food and appreciate that, then Oriental Flavor in Amherst is a great spot. It's not as good as the Chinese food I've had in NYC or San Francisco, but it's pretty darn close!

If you want a comfortable place to eat good American comfort food, where it's not stuffy, then Johnny's Tavern in Amherst is just fine. It's one of those brass rail type of places.  Relaxed surroundings and decent food contribute to having a good time out with friends and family. Not a culinary experience to remember for the rest of your life, just good casual comfort food with a good ambiance. 

Sylvester's in Northampton is good for breakfast.

Edited by TroutGhost

Pizza d' action ,they have awesome pizza. I have heard everything is good there. There isn't much in holyoke and it's not the nicest town.Amherst and Northampton have the best restaurants in western ma.

https://www.familypizzash.com

2 miles from Holyoke. 

334 Newton Street 

South Hadley

(my hometown)

I'm in my late 40s and have worked here on and off since I was 13.  We are an excellent choice for lunch and dinner.

My relatives from Holland ask to go here for pizza every time they visit.  

There are 2 Holyoke-South Hadley bridges.

Navigate across the South Hadley Falls bridge (below the dam), look down and see one of the best places to fish for shad during the spring run.  The record rod n reel shad was taken on the SH side years ago.

BREAKFAST: Plenty of places.  I frequent "The Egg and I," on Main Street in SH.

Amadeo’s isn’t bad.  If you pm me, I bet my bro would meet you there, too.

I almost always eat at Bueno Y Sano in West Springfield or Amherst.  My buddy Marc was on Best Thing I Ever Ate gushing on their veggie burrito.  He’s an   Iron Chef, if that makes a difference.

Lock your doors in the big town.  Other than that, it’s the funnest city in the world.

49 mins ago, RickBomba said:

Lock your doors in the big town.  Other than that, it’s the funnest city in the world.

Wait, I gotta ask about that one.. there’s a great shad fishery and to some degree striper... I just did a craft show at the merry go round and that was okay... what else does Holyoke have going on?

Not trying to be a dink, genuinely curious what I’m missing.

12 mins ago, SkunkLuvver said:

Wait, I gotta ask about that one.. there’s a great shad fishery and to some degree striper... I just did a craft show at the merry go round and that was okay... what else does Holyoke have going on?

Not trying to be a dink, genuinely curious what I’m missing.

It’s the people, silly.  I could be a little biased, as I have a big “HOLYOKE, MA” across the inside of my left bicep.

I lived at the ski area.  I either skied or worked there 111 times in 1987 alone.  It was a special place for me.

There’s no fish in Holyoke.

2 hours ago, RickBomba said:

It’s the people, silly.  I could be a little biased, as I have a big “HOLYOKE, MA” across the inside of my left bicep.

I lived at the ski area.  I either skied or worked there 111 times in 1987 alone.  It was a special place for me.

There’s no fish in Holyoke.

Ski area?

Posted (edited) · Report post

47 mins ago, RickBomba said:

Mt. Tom

One of few areas in the state with a copperhead population!

That’s a little bit awesome. 

Also, wasn’t The Grinch That Stole Christmas based on Mt Tom? 

...also cool factoid 

Edited by SkunkLuvver