PeterO

Senators say MBS was responsible for killing Khashoggi, now what?

Rate this topic

155 posts in this topic

After hearing from CIA Director, senators say absolutely no doubt MBS ordered the killing and monitored the progress as it was underway.  Should we sanction the Saudis?  Should we not sell them more weapons?  Should Trump stop selling them apartments in Trump Tower?

1 min ago, PeterO said:

After hearing from CIA Director, senators say absolutely no doubt MBS ordered the killing and monitored the progress as it was underway.  Should we sanction the Saudis?  Should we not sell them more weapons?  Should Trump stop selling them apartments in Trump Tower?

I'm still trying to figure out why I should care... completely honest  

Trump is selling anything to anyone. He's not running his businesses at the moment. :D 

11 mins ago, PeterO said:

Can you please tell me why I'm supposed to care?

Pompey says no conclusions could be reached

Bolton says he won’t watch the tapes because he can’t afford an interpreter... suggests maybe the victim is secretly hiding in his mustache 

Trump says “we may never know”

Graham rejected the initial report and wanted to know why the head of the CIA was not present at that meeting

Turns out they had her locked in the hall closet. So they let her out, she gave her report,  and no doubt Trump is looking for a new head of the CIA. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

I'm still trying to figure out why I should care... completely honest  

Here's a possibility, but probably not.

One of Reagan's favorite (Biblical) metaphors for the United States was that of a shining City on a Hill for all the world to see.  The United Sates is a beacon of freedom.

One of the components of Reagan's beacon is the Bill of Rights.  The 1st Amendment guarantees a free press.  If we yawn when a world leader butchers a reporter, then that is all lip service.

Worse still, would be to send them all sorts of weaponry and other goodies while this is happening.  Sends the wrong message to tyrants and all that. 

Edited by moonbat

4 mins ago, JohnP said:

Pompey says no conclusions could be reached

Bolton says he won’t watch the tapes because he can’t afford an interpreter... suggests maybe the victim is secretly hiding in his mustache 

Trump says “we may never know”

Graham rejected the initial report and wanted to know why the head of the CIA was not present at that meeting

Turns out they had her locked in the hall closet. So they let her out, she gave her report,  and no doubt Trump is looking for a new head of the CIA. 

So I guess this means you're not going to tell us why we should care?

2 mins ago, moonbat said:

One of Reagan's favorite (Biblical) metaphors for the United States was that of a shining City on a Hill for all the world to see.  The United Sates is a beacon of freedom.

One of the components of Reagan's beacon is the Bill of Rights.  The 1st Amendment guarantees a free press.  If we yawn when a world leader butchers a reporter, then that is all lip service.

Worse still, would be to send them all sorts of weaponry and other goodies while this is happening.  Sends the wrong message to tyrants and al that. 

Who cares whether or not the rest of the world views us a shining city for all to want to come to to take financial advantage of?

I'd rather everyone stay the **** away at this point.

8 mins ago, J said:

Trump is selling anything to anyone. He's not running his businesses at the moment. :D 

Why was he running it yesterday ?

1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

Can you please tell me why I'm supposed to care?

Sure let me try 

Freedom of the press is kinda important in our type of society

just a bit 

its actually a check and balance thingy to avoid (among other things) abuse and totalitarian control   No matter how much you like the Orange Racoon 

killing and mutilating  a journalist who works for a US paper who criticizes an abusive regime would sorta be a big no no if we propose have any principles at all.  Even if they compensate us with buying more weapons 

but of course this assumes you’ve  got principles of some sort. 

5 mins ago, moonbat said:

Worse still, would be to send them all sorts of weaponry and other goodies while this is happening.  Sends the wrong message to tyrants and all that. 

So because "feelings".. you'd rather they spend billions on Chinese and Russian weaponry

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Who cares whether or not the rest of the world views us a shining city for all to want to come to to take financial advantage of?

I'd rather everyone stay the **** away at this point.

Like I said at the start, it's a possible reason someone might care, but probably not.

Ronald Reagan cared.

Edited by moonbat

Just now, BigFischer said:

So because "feelings".. you'd rather they spend billions on Chinese and Russian weaponry

Again, it is a possible reason one might care.

Ronald Reagan cared about us being a beacon of freedom.

Just now, moonbat said:

Again, it is a possible reason one might care.

Ronald Reagan cared about us being a beacon of freedom.

The"shining city on a hill" was selling arms to Iran at the time.