Belmo

Snowmageddon, December 8-9, 2018

Rate this topic

161 posts in this topic

Let the weather weenie-ing, and the mass hysteria, begin! Milk and bread, eggs, more milk and bread, and beer! :beers: 

Right now this one looks like it might be a bigger storm for the toothless hillbillies in the hollers in Jase's neck of the woods, but it's still to early to say for sure. But it looks like there's a pretty good chance that someone gets clobbered: the only question is where.

When will it be time to foment mass panic? How about right now! Have at it!

Tolleris is going nuts because the new GFS is saying a southern storm, and the Euro is saying north. DT is saying the GFS3 is all wet, and the Euro is going to be right. Which would put the snow belt between Maryland and the Noo Yawk Metro area.

One thing is virtually certain, and that is that the weather weenies will need a new box of Kleenex every time a new run of the weather models comes out.

12 mins ago, Belmo said:

Tolleris is going nuts because the new GFS is saying a southern storm, and the Euro is saying north. DT is saying the GFS3 is all wet, and the Euro is going to be right. Which would put the snow belt between Maryland and the Noo Yawk Metro area.

One thing is virtually certain, and that is that the weather weenies will need a new box of Kleenex every time a new run of the weather models comes out.

I could use some overtime.

10 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

As long as it doesnt happen during the week.

It might -- might -- be a Sunday-into-Monday thing, making Monday a snow day, and the Monday morning commute a flustercluck.

But's it's too early to say for sure. But a Monday mess is a possibility.

Belmo, bring me snow for the last day of 6 day gun season.  We usually get something around that time and makes for a good hunt.  

2 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Belmo, bring me snow for the last day of 6 day gun season.  We usually get something around that time and makes for a good hunt.  

It snowed 2 of the 3 days I hunted PA last week. I saw one doe. :squid: 

Heading back up Thursday, though. 

1 hour ago, Reed422 said:

I hope we get schtupped in the tuchis so I can see what my new Jeep can do.

TJ, YJ, CJ or Willy’s? 

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

It’s too far ahead to say anything will happen. If anything were to happen though, I do wish it would start Wednesday so I could get a couple extra paid hunting days. The office fags get paid to chase little white balls around an unnatural landscape :huh: why not?

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2018-12-03-snow-winter-forecasts-maps-social-media